Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My "weekender" - AU2 Fairlane Ghia... Manual ;) - No longer in my possession!

meh.

Cool My "weekender" - AU2 Fairlane Ghia... Manual ;) - No longer in my possession!

Here it is...

Specs: May 2002 AU2 Fairlane Ghia Sportsman (or Millennium, something like that), which means it has the ripple effect door trims, LTD spec Howe leather seats, Momo Steering wheel and gear knob, and a few other things standard...

Current mods:

18" CSA alloys
    2.5" 2 muffler catback
    Lowered on SL's
    Petrol system reinstalled
    BF front brakes
    BA intake

Other then that, it's pretty much standard. Swapped the IRS out since the old setup was, well, shagged to the max to say the least.... All bushes, springs, CV's etc needed replacing, so just put in a lower km setup that I got offered for very little $$$...

Next planned mods will be to get the guards rolled, remove the rear muffler, put on my extractors, and put a manual gearbox into it with a new engine...

With a mate's GT:

With standard 17's:

Cheers
    Tony.
    Last edited by XRGhia; 14th November 2013 at 01:16 AM. Reason: 'coz I can.

meh.
    Went to WSID last night and ran a 16.321 best.

Are they the rims of the ef? If so then they look 100 times better on the au.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

meh.
    Yeah they are James. 2 degree's of camber up front and 2.32degrees rear, along with E-Series offset will do that though haha...

Daz, eh, I dunno. Probably haha

Jacob
    Are you planning on doing anything about your helmet for next time?
    Silk BF2 XT
    13.985@100.09MPH
    175.9rwkw CHE Dyno Day

meh.
    Yeah, still got the wagon Daz. There's another thread for it if you wanna have a read

Ill certainly be sorting out the helmet issue for next time Jacob.

So, been a bit quiet lately. Pretty much the rest of the week after I went to the drags, the fairylame just went downhill. Engine was in a really questionable state (burnt 3.5L in not even 100km's) so it sat at home for the entire week... That weekend, the engine came out, and now it has a lower KM (read 250,000km's or something) AU VCT engine.

Gearbox is still yet to go in (Tremec 5 speed), but that'll happen soon enough.

meh.
    So, quick update. Everything is back together, everything works, I did have to replace the power steering pump, but eh, that was easy.

Apart from that, I had a mate put the gearbox and clutch in at his workshop, and I've got a custom driveshaft on the way for it (different lengths)...

Can't wait to drive it again. First stop will be the LPG place so the rest of the LPG system can come out, then my extractors and headers from the wagon will go in (currently wont fit with the converter where it is). Once that's done, it's off to the drags (reminds me, I have to buy a helmet)...

I'll upload some pics later tonight.

meh.

P

Photobomb. Just adding a few more recent pics to the collection, and some that are already here (just doing a cut and paste from another forum... and it's not "that other one")...

Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Happy with it?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

meh.
    If I could drive it I would be...

I'm still waiting on the driveshaft to be made up, then I've gotta get a short shifter and put that in too... Apart from that, I'm happy with how easily it all went together, but time will tell how the new setup goes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast