Thread: a curious case of the 2 wire plug....

Just Arrived

a curious case of the 2 wire plug....

Ok so here it is. I have a 92 eb xr8 and have found male and female ends of a 2 wire plug near the washer bottle. They are annoying me...what are they for? Could it be for time travel? Or perhaps for an automatic beer dispenser? Could it even be to make my car a secret weapon of quarter mile destruction? The wire colours do not match but the plugs are within reaching distance of each other and look like they are wanting to perform intercourse. I am too scared to allow that to happen ( what kind of father would i be if i allowed such an act without ensuring there would be no repocussions of either bad fires or std's). Please anyone give me an idea of that they could be for.... Thank you...

If you had a wagon you wouldn't have to ask .....
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

No prize for guessing what car they were referring to ... OWN THE ROAD ...

Validated User
    Harness for the flux capacitor? No, maybe for the Polariser? Coolant overflow level guage?

Hmm ok. Interesting first post.

However, the answer is one is for the second washer motor for the wagon rear window and the second one is for the low washer fluid dash light that the higher models got.

Tim, I thought the flux capacitor was a much better answer
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Tim, I thought the flux capacitor was a much better answer
    Yeah, I realised Brock played with the EA, not the EB.
    Silly me.

Just Arrived
    Fantabulous!
    Cheers guys greatly appreciate your answers. You have put my mind at ease. Now another question.... Anyone here made one of those "electronic shift kits"? I have found the diagrams and materials to use i am just curious as to which pins i am to splice into for my auto computer? The ef el i believe the diagram is for is just the inline 6 whereas i have the 5l auto. The diagram i have for the inline 6 auto says pins number 71 and 81.

Just Arrived
    Oh also i know its not for my flux capacitor. I have that hooked up to a deep cycle battery in my glovebox... You almost fooled me though...