Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laser eye surgery.

Laser eye surgery.

hello, has anyone had laser eye surgery or even know someone that has or even looked into it, I have Astigmatism and I am not to fond of wearing glasses anymore and contact's are not an option due to my Astigmatism.

This is something that I am very interested in and any feedback would be apreciated.

I have astigmatism as well. I went to get it done but didn't qualify at the time because my cornea's were too thin to work on. I know couple of guys who've had them done. One of them used to have coke bottle glasses and after the surgery he was a very happy man. He could see. The other guy was my brother - he had them done about 12 years ago and hasn't worn glasses since.

There's a blessing in wearing glasses though ...the other day a sprocket dropped off one of the shelves at work and landed in the middle of my right lense and cracked it.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Thank's for your input from all account's on what I have read and heard so far it seem's very promising and I am really keen to have an apointment to see if I qualify.

Yeah go for it and let me know how you go. Since my failed test about 10 years ago the technology may have improved so I think I should look into it, too.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Falc'man For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (20th July 2013)

Will do mate, next question as this a high risk surgery and trust is a concern, where have people gone to have this done ?.

One of my employees a few years ago had it done, said it was the best thing he ever did
    To be able to not wear glasses and see clearer was a blessing for him
    He got it done down here in Launceston at the local eye hospital, we apparently have a very good eye surgeon down here
    Good luck
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Well I know this is a little old now but I lost a little interests in this back then and life got pretty hectic at the time so it was put on hold, fast forward to now....

I am booked in to get my eyes done via Lasik Friday week, I have been to my optometrist and had the prerequisite test and I am a good candidate for Lasik, my corneas are 550 microns thick and my refractive error is only -2 and -2.5.

So Im excited as well as a little anxious that I'm finally heading down this path.

I am going to Dr Noel Alpins at new vision in Cheltenham Melb.

Anyway I have researched this thoroughly and all is go now, so hopefully after Friday week I can finally say good bye to these damn glasses.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

defective (6th December 2017),FTe217 (6th December 2017),Randel (6th December 2017)

Can laser eye surgery be done for long and short sightedness or is it only short sighted?

p.s good luck Friday week

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (7th December 2017)

Galaxy, my wife's eldest sister and hubby had laser done a few years ago.
    They love it !
    My bro inlaw lol's saying, even when he's in the coffin his eyes will still be watching haha.....

I shall be looking into doing this myself in due course - I only started wearing reading glass's a couple years ago.
    Friggin hate the things, being I travel a fair bit I either leave a pair on a flight, or in a car I'm a passenger in etcetc....
    I have spare pairs everywhere now.
    In every car, in the office, home, in my travel bags.
    Good luck, look forward to your comments after.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (7th December 2017)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast