Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Your Sport passions......

You cant make this stuff up.

I knew they would have to be a racist element to this and trust us to be at the centre of it.

Age cartoonist has now outraged black Americans by depicting and angry Serena in racially motivated undertones.

Read that as exaggerated features.

If it's not this, we are all about 9 year olds making political statements seemingly motivated by the current situation in the Us where high profile sports people protest at national anthem time.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Sadly the kids are simply parrots for their parents and social/school environment.

Amazingly the parents of the 9yo were "so proud of her".

Well go figure...

interestingly The federal police are most alarmed by radicalized youths... if you need any more proof look at the age of ISIS recruits.

Are the kids really capable of informed decisions or simply easily manipulated....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

defective (14th September 2018),FTe217 (14th September 2018),Randel (14th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Ask Adam Goodes.....
    Depends who you ask. I booed Adam Goodes. Not because of his race, but because he tried to make himself bigger than the team, and bigger than the game. Suck it up princess, and it would have all blown over.

I will boo David Warner if he ever comes back to Australian Cricket, and I would Boo Lewis Hamilton as well. They both have something in common - they think they are bigger than the sport they compete in.
    Deutschland, Deutschland über alles
    Volkswagen Number 3 - Passat Alltrack 130TDi

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (14th September 2018),Randel (14th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    Depends who you ask. I booed Adam Goodes. Not because of his race, but because he tried to make himself bigger than the team, and bigger than the game. Suck it up princess, and it would have all blown over.

I will boo David Warner if he ever comes back to Australian Cricket, and I would Boo Lewis Hamilton as well. They both have something in common - they think they are bigger than the sport they compete in.
    Yep.

But none of it racially motivated.

Goodes twisted it into race hate.

Low hanging fruit.

The more people keep talking about it the more people imagine its happening.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (14th September 2018),Paxton (14th September 2018)

Sadly the kids are simply parrots for their parents and social/school environment.

Amazingly the parents of the 9yo were "so proud of her".

Well go figure...

interestingly The federal police are most alarmed by radicalized youths... if you need any more proof look at the age of ISIS recruits.

Are the kids really capable of informed decisions or simply easily manipulated....
    Excellent post mate.

I can see where such a conversation could take place given the issue trump has had with some sports people making a stand.

I think it's probably related and I am all for supporting parents rights when it comes to raising their children.

What I would say is that I was raised to think. To question and to not blindly except peoples views and that extended to that of my parents.

I certainly wouldn't encourage that sort of protest at the age in that way. You really do make it about yourself when you do things like that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th September 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Excellent post mate.

I can see where such a conversation could take place given the issue trump has had with some sports people making a stand.

I think it's probably related and I am all for supporting parents rights when it comes to raising their children.

What I would say is that I was raised to think. To question and to not blindly except peoples views and that extended to that of my parents.

I certainly wouldn't encourage that sort of protest at the age in that way. You really do make it about yourself when you do things like that.
    I could write books about this.

After 30 years of coaching kids, and now raising my own ive seen it all. "Helicopter parents" "Bulldozer parents', parents who cant wait to create clones of themselves.

Kids are sponges, they'll absorb anything you can throw their way, so be-careful what you throw around.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

383gxl (14th September 2018),FTe217 (14th September 2018),Randel (14th September 2018)

Yep.

But none of it racially motivated.

Goodes twisted it into race hate.

Low hanging fruit.

The more people keep talking about it the more people imagine its happening.
    Correct, and here in lies one problem.
    People or the press should report the real facts behind the motives of sports people such as Goodes, Williams, Hamilton and the like.
    These so called leaders - shining lights to the youth are part of the cause/cancer sweeping children today.
    They make me sick !

I just read a 25ranked Barbora Strycova womens tennis player calling Williams out, quoting she found it interesting the she did it only when she was losing.
    She said, her as a women player has taken plenty of warnings.
    That the WTA defense for Williams is surprising.
    The umpire Ramos is tough, one of the best in the world.
    He did what he had to do in that match because she overstepped the limits.
    In comparison she quotes never seen Rafa shouting like that with an umpire.
    Williams is a great teacher, just as her parents go figure.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th September 2018)

Good to see Serena still copping it by the press or others, deserves everything going to her.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Great AFL GF. One of the very best. Commiserations to the Pies supporters, well done Eagles.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (29th September 2018),Randel (30th September 2018)

NRL is a huge problem. Being forced to support Melbourne is quite traumatic
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast