Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Your Sport passions......

and the springboks had hope lol....
    Seriously the game is yours....only heaps of injuries and bad form gives someone a shot.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Thank christ for Cahill.
    We were at the game last night.
    For a school night and 8pm koff - countless GF's played the recent weeks/Bathurst etc a 43k crowd, thought not too bad considering.
    You couldn't believe how much Syrian support behind one end of the goals, never thought we had that many here but kudos to them turned up in numbers.
    Bloody noisy - more than us conservative aussies I tell you.
    This is what sucks imo over many years being at live games in most sports, I love the euros/latinos and even these middle eastern and Asians, they get into it such good atmosphere - I watch around and see aussies reluctant singing our anthem as well.
    I can't help myself my wog blood emotion comes out of me, I sing our anthem, always have, I'm so proud despite its quirky lyrics etc I can't change it but its my countries anthem, my kids try to tell me to shut up, I don't care I say be proud sing have confidence.

As for the football, gawd were in a melting pot lacking talent since the '06 gen and prior.
    Were just sneaking through and it takes a 38yr old to put them away.
    Were too slow, lack attacking nouse, lack a game changer (well there is Cahill but he needs the service) and Ange persisting on certain players its no wonder we keep doing it hard.
    Alas we have the next last chance to make Russia to come.
    Its either latinos Panama, Honduras or even the USA.
    I'm led to believe the USA are in a mess we may have a chance there but against those other 2 I don't like the chances.
    They will be more skilful, faster but I suppose bring it on I/we will be supporting till we die.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Feck me they can dive and act.

Some of the worst acting from both sides.

Oh, Ange just quit:

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...edium=Facebook

AUSTRALIAN football is in shock after revelations Ange Postecoglou has no plans on leading the Socceroos at next year’s World Cup.
    A Herald Sun report reveals Postecoglou will walk away from his post next month, regardless of whether his team qualifies for the tournament or
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I knew.
    Been coming for months.
    I don't blame him and I do in part.
    He had x amount of guys on the job and supporting him back when they won the Asian Cup for the first time - that was huge tbh, you know playing other countries instead of just a state based so called wannabee tough guys comp year in year out.
    Playing other developing countries actually expose's your talent pool,flaw's/development/how good is your state based comp compared to others.
    Were in a sink hole lacking top shelf skilful players.
    Cahill has never been very skilful with the feet but his read of the game, athleticism and never say die attitude is the last of the pre '06 pool.
    These current players are not good enough, hence Ange has countered tactics and formations since that Asian Cup win and he's too stubborn to change back to a more safer conventional game because the guys don't have it.
    Mind you the Asian incl middle east opponents keep improving just as African nations were fallen behind all these.
    Hence him being criticised by retired players, media etctectec - typical of the job but he's made the call as I said don't blame him.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Bailing off the sinking ship...

FFA should dump him now.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

FFA need to be dumped farfarfar more so. They are the main leak in the ship.
    He's brain drained, fried - got to look after yourself sooner or later no matter what.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

he hasnt quit, there is talk that he will leave, but at this stage there is no confirmation
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

He'll leave after qualifying word is but this is not going well having let this get out.
    Ex players are beating up its not good for current team morale for the next game.
    Who knows, media makes things always the worst - I'm guessing he may even back flip but can't pick what the FFA could be considering.
    I'd sooner Ange stays gets on with Russia if we make it but we need the FFA to dissolve - its toxic and Lowy is only concerned for control.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

TS50 (12th October 2017)

AFL to start with.

I thought the grand final was pretty good from a brand fo football perspective. I enjoyed it.

I usually watch the nrl grand final, but this year it was rubbish and Iturned it off.

Bathurst, lots of people have commented to me that this years race was the first time in ages they watched from start to finish. I think it was a good spectacle and worthy of our great race.

The soccer, or real football, still on my list to attend a game live.

NBA starts next week.

Plenty going on.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (13th October 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    AFL to start with.

I thought the grand final was pretty good from a brand fo football perspective. I enjoyed it.

I usually watch the nrl grand final, but this year it was rubbish and Iturned it off.

Bathurst, lots of people have commented to me that this years race was the first time in ages they watched from start to finish. I think it was a good spectacle and worthy of our great race.

The soccer, or real football, still on my list to attend a game live.

NBA starts next week.

Plenty going on.
    Two things to prare yourself for when you go to an A-league game, firstly the lack of women there, AFL thesedays has a 50/50 split guys to girls but soccer would be 80/20 and secondly hoards of teenagers roaming the grounds looking to fight anyone wearing opposing colours. Apart from that you'll have a ball. Also an NBA fan, Knicks but we are consistantly crap so low expectatons thus season, definately going to an NBL game soon, amazing how its taken off again in the lasr couple of years, best it been since the Gaze era.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Archilino For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th October 2017),FTe217 (Yesterday)

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast