Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Your Sport passions......

yer nah re Eden Park, not this current team but yes, the hoodoo can't last forever time will come.
    Sure they are improving but they still lack game breakers and to break that hoodoo needs a team of stars or lets say more quality across the squad and besides, facing a AB side with all to lose it was a challenge never to occur to me.
    Look at this wallaby team - where is the Eales/Gregan/Larkham/Burke/Topo etcetcetc....game breakers.
    Whilst local rugby stays in its present stage to date the purists will be waiting for a while imo.
    In saying that I expect a good WC from them.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    yer nah re Eden Park, not this current team but yes, the hoodoo can't last forever time will come.
    Sure they are improving but they still lack game breakers and to break that hoodoo needs a team of stars or lets say more quality across the squad and besides, facing a AB side with all to lose it was a challenge never to occur to me.
    Look at this wallaby team - where is the Eales/Gregan/Larkham/Burke/Topo etcetcetc....game breakers.
    Whilst local rugby stays in its present stage to date the purists will be waiting for a while imo.
    In saying that I expect a good WC from them.
    The all blacks are not at a dissimilar stage... the big names are gone or ready for a seniors discount card.

Everyone raves about read but I just donít see the qualities in him that we saw in past great captains. And there doesnít seem to be a clear successor either.
    That first game showed that when all the pieces fall into place the upset is there.
    Yes the Wobblies needed to play the most complete game of the last 36 months, and they needed the all blacks to have a rare off day.
    Kinda tempted to throw some money at the Wobblies World Cup hopes.
    Bloke at work has $1000 on the all blacks to not make the final. He put that bet on ages ago, and apparently the odds were a lot better than what they are today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

yer agree on the AB's next gen, at present there isn't any stand out taking up the baton like in the past years.
    The Fitz and McCaw era win ratio's are 77% 89% - Read is at 84%, he's not doing too bad there but its the change of personnel that will test him in the future.
    In saying that I still think in time there will be enough improvement making a sound squad but with the WC not far off they could be ripe for the "unbelievable" to happen and not make the Final, I reckon the bloke at work is on a good possibility making a motza !
    I'll be surprised the aussies make or get past the Qrtrs but IF they can play like they did in Perth in some games well we all will be blown.

In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

4Vman (30th October 2019),FTe217 (30th October 2019)

haha, loving the humble pie re the AB's, not unexpected what happened to the wannabees.

Have you been hearing the latest press last weeks on the overall picture here ? just as I've mentioned in the past.

Good for the game this GF.

haha, loving the humble pie re the AB's, not unexpected what happened to the wannabees.

Have you been hearing the latest press last weeks on the overall picture here ? just as I've mentioned in the past.

Good for the game this GF.
    Yeah, gotta be humble. Writing has been on the wall for a while.
    Watching the Wobblies dismantle them this year confirmed it for me.
    I just wish I had put some money on it.

The games in trouble here, this is the chance for rugby aus to take some positive steps.
    We will see what happens.

They need to make action pronto.
    Some of the old greats have been on talk back last weeks telling it how it is from grass roots to Club Rugby.
    For starters ARU need to clean up their act - 140 staff they have !
    So the levels needed for development is crying for funds but ARU staff all overpaid lol......

They need to make action pronto.
    Some of the old greats have been on talk back last weeks telling it how it is from grass roots to Club Rugby.
    For starters ARU need to clean up their act - 140 staff they have !
    So the levels needed for development is crying for funds but ARU staff all overpaid lol......
    And it starts at the top. That kiwi woman is the worst thing to happen to aus rugby since John eales retired.
    Combine her lack of vision with over zealous sponsors making it political and itís doomed unless things change, and quickly.

correct, she's woeful and on $800k !
    Always starts at the fishs head, or cow in this case.

Congrats to the South Africans. Great result for world rugby imo.

I wasnít looking forward to the next four years of English press telling everyone they have the best team in the world. Theyíre bad enough when they donít win.

Just knocked a bit of value out of Eddie Jones next gig. itís one thing to knock over the all blacks, but to then fail to lift the cup in a game when they should have steam rolled the opposition...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (Yesterday)

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast