Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Sport passions......

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    Strength training/power lifting is my mine focus, I train by myself as I like it that way (I'm a loner) but I have a few mates that I can thank for alot of my progress and sucess, one of which (mad man Jason Coulson) has won numourous tittles in the National Australian Drug Free Power Lifting Championship's and he himself was trained by a well respected power lifter in the bussiness (John Clow)
    I used to do powerlifting back in the 80's, held a couple of records as a junior. Now I am just a fat old bastard!! One of the reasons I stopped was because of the free use of drugs back then, and the lack of control. I suppose I only lifted through to about 18 or 19, but it can get disheartening when you know your competitors are on something. I can still remember some of the big guns in the competition saying to me 'just wait till you get on some good stuff' they were openly promoting it. The guy who owned the gym I trained at used to tell me about the side effects - man I didn't want 'certain' things to shrink just to be strong!!!

What sort of controls are in place now, and who funds the testing?
    Last edited by Randel; 14th February 2012 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    I used to do powerlifting back in the 80's, held a couple of records as a junior. Now I am just a fat old bastard!! One of the reasons I stopped was because of the free use of drugs back then, and the lack of control. I suppose I only lifted through to about 18 or 19, but it can get disheartening when you know your competitors are on something. I can still remember some of the big guns in the competition saying to me 'just wait till you get on some good stuff' they were openly promoting it. The guy who owned the gym I trained at used to tell me about the side effects - man I didn't want 'certain' things to shrink just to be strong!!!

What sort of controls are in place now, and who funds the testing?
    I like the idea that some guy's are on the good's and I'm not, it makes it all worth it when you see what they lift and what you can do personally.
    I know some blokes are benching over 200kg but with help... myself well bench is not my strong point as I am only at 115 and hopping to do 120 by easter but then again I am all natural and I know it, my best lift is the deadlift, I love it when I 1st got involved a few yrs back my pb was 200kg and I know I can do over that now, I havnt tried but I know I will, the other day I lifted 160kg by 6 at 4 set's and felt good.
    But at the end of the day most blokes can not refuse the temptation to use the good's and that's their decision to do so.
    My mate that I train with some times was telling about a time when he was competing not long ago and he went to the shiter and there was this huge dude in there and he said to him, gee mate you must be on the roid's....lol.. this bloke just ziped up and walked out.
    I don't go to the event's and comp's anymore as like you say most are only interested in lifting bigger then the next bloke and will do anything in their mind's to do so.
    I am much happier lifting at home now and focusing on my own PB's.
    Last edited by galaxy xr8; 15th February 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Well carrying on I'm a frustrated ol bloke having had to sit out the first 2games of my football comp, 2wks prior to the comp start at trainign I felt a slight twinge in my right calf, walked off thinking 2wks before game 1 take it easy should be right by then.
    In the meantime I'm assitant coach to the young fellas team, following week thought I'll join in on their end of session game for a warm up - what happens ?!!
    After intercepting a ball I spin around to place my foot down and push off I felt my calf go "boing !" yep she let go hobbled off in disgust and sadness I'm gone for xweeks !
    So its been 3wks to date - physio,acupunture and rehab at home only way an old bloke gets back on the park sooner rather than later LOL......
    I'm advised to hold off for another 2wks I'm going stir crazy means I'll miss at least 4games but no good trying to get back sooner she'll just pop again so I have been a frustrated lame player looking over my 2 boys games and then turn up to see how my team is going which I might add is 2wins no loss to date "get me on the bloody pitch" please !
    The boys teams are going ok both 2wins 1 loss so the house hold is quite boyant but Dad is a sad sack atm LOL.......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Far out anybody staying active ?

Carrying on from above.
    Young fella Dex playing 2 Football comps - 1 for the school Saturdays and Club on Sunday morns.
    School in the top Jnr team - in general team is not strong in every position but lots of school pride ticker being all the opposition is other private schools.
    Great adrenaline on the ptich and the sideline and can't wait till he gets into the seniour years having gone through it all with his big bro.
    2wins 1 loss 1 draw
    Club - strong Div1 comp - his team is pretty rounded and capable but lack a real game breaker when needed, he plays awesum again in these games take my hat off to him pleasure to watch.
    2wins 2 loss's
    Alex big bro - slumming it in All AgeDiv12 ! - could be a game breaker but his heart is easy come easy go, happy to play with many mates who don't have as much talent, pity thats up to him just glad he keeps up with it and enjoy being there watching and support when I can as our games clash at times Saturday afternoons.
    4loss's 1win but says he's really enjoying it can't ask for more.
    Me the ol war horse !
    O45Div1
    As you know from above post I blew a calf muscle before the season - physio and acupunture and excercise's really helped had my 1st half game the week before YAY and what a half game it was !!!!! scored a hat trick (3goals) woohoo we won 5 - 1.
    Having a ball being back and last Sat game we had a 1 - 1 draw v's our main opposition come Finals time.
    4wins 1Draw no loss's - top of the table for now.

Touch wood survive the rest of the season injury free ?????? LOL.........
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Last game of the season coming up this Sat so saying above would I survive Injury free didn't eventuate, have endured niggling injuries be it hammy light strain but I suffered a full blooded boot to the shin that blew up badly with bruising down to my foot !
    Be it been back on the pitch and as long as we win this coming game we finish 3rd most likely and in the "playoffs" ! woohoo ! maybe 2more games as I have come to the decision "its time" to hang the boots up at 52 I've had my innings.
    My No1 eldest has played strong and been an influence in games I have seen for my games clash at times but his team not done too well finishing the bottom 3rd but he has enjoyed the season importantly.
    No2 - school comp just recommenced with School back so lots to play for yet and will be vying for the Playoffs.
    His club team has just Sundays game and looks like they will finish mid table - strong Div1 comp and they have done well considering the lack of a few more top players but Jnr just loves it and thats all I care about and that they both are good sports !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Well we won Sat so into the finals we go - but for one thing ! Got injured and one of those stoopid ones, rolled over my ankle badly changing direction, torn a ligament for sure was in big pain, she's puffed up so off to the physio in the morning for treatment and assessment, hopefully back on the pitch the following weekend so I'll be watching from the sideline this weekend damn it !!!
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Good luck with the recovery mate, and the finals, too.
    Speaking of which, we signed the 4 y.o. up in the local soccer club last week - he doesn't like it so far (I think it's the boring trainers/organisers).
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

hehe watching the Train On squads like your 4yr old, like a little pack of lambs, memories of my 2 boys Falc cherished times, hope the young fella gets to enjoy it sooner or later but a little help from dad kicking the ball around at home helps big time.

Injuries ?!!! damn my body is really talking to me - STOP fella I've had enough - the ankle from a fortnight ago is abput 80% recovered so I strapped it up for the 2nd Semi yesterday, thankfully she lasted the game BUT a injury I succumbed to 4seasons back came back to bite me a little - dislocated shoulder that I have held off having an operation, need 5-6 staples to fuse my ligaments and whatever and to date been lucky but yesterday not wanting to give in I slide tackled and the fall to the ground popped her sligthly out of the socket, I didn't move for like an eternal minute knowing she moved so slowly moved the shoulder to slide her back in place - ouch for a little while but the ardrenaline was running and kept going.
    Hey 2nd semi and if we won straight into the GF after winning the previous week, we dominated the entire 2nd half but just couldn't score - finally we got the one in so turning back for the restart I ask the ref how long to go - 50seconds he said ! wooo hooo into the GF on the 18th even though we have next Sat to play but its a dead rubber for us I think I'll sit it out in prep for my LAST game. Hey just like the pros I have a chance finishing up hopefully with a GF win ! LOL......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by F6 View Post
    My sport has always been shooting although I did compete in MotoX and flat track back in the day. I have been a bit slack in the last few years but getting back into it now.
    My main sport has been for many years also shooting. I did used to play football (Rugby League) but gave it away when it started to interfere with work and once raced motorcycles, mostly enduro which again I stopped when it interfered with work.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Champions 2012 !
    and what a GF it was - kudos to our opposition getting themselves from 4th place into the GF but I'm afraid this costed them dearly suffering injuires to 2 key players who still tried to play but the way we were ready for this game I doubt the scoreline would have changed.
    Our guys even though also some carrying injuries you could tell at warm up we were ready for battle - we dominated the entire 90mins banking a 5-1 scoreline also should have added a few more goals if it weren't for the woodwork (hang on afl give you 1point for being off target phhhhft ffs ).........
    Celebrations a plenty that went on into the night at our sponsers local establishment ! Damn those ales tasted Great !
    Thats it I'm hanging the boots up - got my medal, had a great season when on the pitch having suffered some injuries and banked 9goals to the teams tally.
    Now to spend more time directing the 2boys from next season and the wife seeing more of me < I'm not sure how this will pan out LOL.....
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast