Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Your Sport passions......

Nice weather down there I see
    Socceroos hosting the Thai's in Melb tonight.
    Huge game for us and thankfully Melb is putting on weather that the Thai's won't feel right at home
    I hear its a sell out so hopefully very noisy Aussies backing our boys.
    If Postecoglou plays similar formation to last weeks Jap game I'll be dumb fecked.
    We got to win and win good x 4 at worst I'm guessing.
    Saudi's have 2 goals up advantage on us hence why need 2 to draw level then to gain some digits above.
    Saudis play after us unfortunately as mentioned against the Japs at home so all to play for but the Japs no matter what will be hard to beat.
    http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-0...ld-cup/8872510

If we don't win we miss out qualifying directly but then go into playoffs with other 3/4th placed countries in the region, the long route !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Soccerroo's win but may miss WC??
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

they finished 3rd in the group,
    only 1 and 2 go straight thru
    so now have to play 4 more games to get there
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Well, everyone will have an opinion.
    The fact is Football is huge and so so many countries play it and their 1st sport.
    The other is our never ending expectation be it any Aussie team expected to win - in Football this is never a given even in our Asian region.
    We knew it was going to be harder qualifying through Asia instead of Oceania as where we were was in the big picture to better ourselves for lets face it playing Solomon Islands winning 10+ goals up is not the yard stick you need for future improvement.
    The other is as I've mentioned our Youth development is not a good model the last 10+yrs.
    Our past success was from Aussie born passionate migrant kids that our previous system/league encouraged promotion into the top league/exposure And more so playing abroad in better leagues/clubs that have better facilities/better competition to play against and support developing players as in the past like Kewel's, Vidukas, Breshiano's and those before them etcetcetc....
    Postegoglou has done well in the big picture with the lack of talent we have but the big picture was qualifying straight through hence why the wolves are after him.
    He's made some errors but also as said the talent is not there overall, importantly at the front to score goals.
    We have lacked a true striker goal scorer for years.
    In saying that even the top countries go through struggles, France had a similar game the other day int heir quali that finished in a draw.
    Its not impossible the next journey to get through but it won't be a cake walk.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/footbal...4cd2b18a8e299c
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Was an interesting game
    I cant remember seeing a team so dominant and have so many chances, but not get there in the end
    I dont blame the coach or the players, I sometimes think there is too much expectation on our teams
    Junior development needs more work in this country, thats for sure
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Absolutely unbelievable game, in some ways thats whats very crazy about this game, all the possession in the world doesn't guarantee the win.
    Thats partly why its so good, nothing is for sure getting that round ball where its meant to go - unlike infinity above and consolation woodduck missed either side of the massive target
    The Thai's walked off like they won the WC lol...good luck to them they dug in.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

ahh time for the pop corn and a comfy seat

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (7th September 2017),FTe217 (7th September 2017)

For Maurie:

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

TS50 (16th September 2017)

haha, I'll take being a very well over paid Footballer and Oscar performer every single day day of the week and admire my bank account.
    He who laugh$ la$t laugh$ loudest
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

How about the all,blacks tonight...just inflicted the springboks worst ever defeat.

Finally they click.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast