Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Silhouette on Cashmere BFII Ghia :)

Validated User

My Silhouette on Cashmere BFII Ghia :)

Hey guys, it's been a very long time since i was here. I guess life caught up with me a bit lol. I wrote of my FG after 6 months of owning it and lost my license for speeding etc, I was pretty depressed.. I got into an X5 as a daily and it is awesome, ill make a thread for that after this. I started longing for a b series a few months ago so i began the hunt. A few days ago I saw this pop up on gumtree. Perfect colour combo, cheap, low km and was 20 min away from my house! went and saw it yesterday and bought it on the spot. No one has ever sat in the back seat, it is the cleanest b series i have ever seen, but it does need a crazy polish though. Picking her up in a few days. Enough of me here are the pics

Will get proper pics on the slr once i get her home.

Plan for this one is:
    - Coilovers
    - Simmons FR20 in Gloss black with polished lip
    - Sunroof
    - Sound system
    - MK2.5 skirts
    - Force lip
    - Turbo heart transplant in 6 months when i get my fulls.
    - An ofcourse my famous HM00DY plates, still deciding on colours. Im thinking white writing on black background?

Let me know what you guys think
    Last edited by hamoudy10; 12th August 2013 at 01:20 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamoudy10 For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (12th August 2013)

Nice bit of kit these were - great pick up ! look forward seeing her sit on the simmons yum !!
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Turbo transplant will be interesting. Will be interesting what wiring will need modifying as its a non XR model.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Turbo transplant will be interesting. Will be interesting what wiring will need modifying as its a non XR model.
    Yes I agree with this, it will be a MAJOR exercise.

Apart from the wiring and engine metalwork you will still have to find a stronger transmission, bigger brakes, limited slip diff and a whole pile of little widgets that will stick up their ugly heads.

You will be significantly better off selling it and buying a XR6 T or if you really want a "Turbo Ghia" then buy a black XR6T and swap all the ghia stuff onto it then make a "XR bitsa" out of the remains and sell it on ebay.

Of course there will be the whole insurance issue as unless you get it engineered which will cost $LOTS it will not be a XR6T, it will be a "home brew" Ghia and insurnace companies will try to use that to deny any claim.

Maybe even consider upgrading to a FG G6ET in a year or so as it already has all the goodies.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

Beautiful car.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Falc'man For This Useful Post:

hamoudy10 (12th August 2013)

Validated User
    it's not that much of an exercise. wiring loom is plug and play. transmission and diff is easy done. brakes is nothing. at the end will be very unique, and is something ford should have done. so any people are into sell and buy turbo already, where's the passion for building a car gone? I want to build it, I'm obsessed with this car it just needs the turbo. watch this space. have made a budget of 20g, I'll never get it back but I must do this, I've planned this since the mkii Ghia was released.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hamoudy10 For This Useful Post:

Well in that case as you have already looked into it, have fun.

Make sure you put up the pics as you do it.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

With that sort of budget have you considered the 5.0 Boss?
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Validated User
    I like v8's but I'm a 6 Turbo man through and through, a lot less stuffing around too tbh. nothing like hitting max boost on a gtx47 and the back end creeping away from the centre of the road

You can also drop a turbo engine in and won't require for it to be engineered either as you can purchase that engine in a different variant of your car. I helped out a little with a turbo conversion recently in a BA XT. The main difficulties were sourcing the loom for the turbo to control the boost actuator and finding someone who would re-flash the ECU to work in the car. The actual engine swap is just a swap out and isn't that difficult.
    BAII XR6 with 'the lot'
    AUIII XR8 Ute

15. The Following User Says Thank You to GavL For This Useful Post:

hamoudy10 (13th August 2013)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast