Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Nrl 2013 and 2014

90's - johnnies come lately, missed by that much 99.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    yeah mobile phones were appearing in the 90's even tho they didn't have cameras or good cameras, they were appearing
    70's and 80's were the more open times
    First camera phone was in 2002. Really until social media you could get away with a lot especially compared to these days.

So NRL GF coming up this Sunday Oct 2.
    The Storm and Minor Premiers taking on the Cronulla Sharks !
    Storm are a class squad who will be hard to beat - long time proven players such as Cameron Smith Cooper Cronk will be hard to control the full 80mins.
    They have won the title 3odd times the last 10yrs so they know what needs to be done on the day.
    The Sharks, well they have NEVER won a GF but 2 minor prems that I can recall.
    They have played 4 GF's since the club entered in 1963 and lost 4. 3 against my Manly club that the '73 GF was a brutal ol school smash up blood bath.
    So backing the under dog and Sydney team ofcourse good luck to them they'll need it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    The referee's need to clamp down on the Storm's gang tackles, the chicken wing & neck holding holding tactics.
    Cameron Smith's tactic of giving you a fore arm across the the throat, as he let's you up to play the ball,needs to be looked at as well.
    I wanna see a hard fast game, niggles are niggles, hurting your opponent, while he is held down by at least 3 other tacklers is crap, & should be punished severely.
    For the record I am a Panthers supporter, but I don't like the crap, that Bellamy coached players are bringing into the game.
    Remember the " Slater" rule they had to introduce, to stop him kicking attacking players in the face, as they tried to ground the ball across the try line.

Oh yer, the storms tactics constantly push the professional foul boundaries.
    Bellamy sure has seen ways to work around the system.
    Smith gets away with so much !
    That Slater rule came into play in the Titans Broncos game the other week. joke !
    Lets hope the refs knuckle down on them this GF and we see a tuff open game.
    Look forward how Fifita performs the mug lol.....Sharks are looking good I reckon.

Panthers looking good for next season mate - young up and coming squad.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

project 064 (27th September 2016)

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213