Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Nrl 2013 and 2014

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Yeah, being a Panthers supporter, I still cop a razzing even though I work in the Pilbara Region, mostly by "bro" Warrior Supporters!!!
    I think the Panthers will comfortably make the 8 next year. They only just missed out this year but they're still building nicely... on top of that you have Tyrone Peachey from the Sharks

He's supposed to be a forward but I'd be stuffed if they don't place him in the halves. Brilliant player.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Well they'll have Wallace back at the panthers for next season - handy but not a dominate half back.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Bloody Sharks. I was confident they'd win but not like that, and I'll go close to saying that wasn't deserved - not because of the 7-tackle-try but because of the way they choke in the last minute of every game they play. There was literally 4 inches between a win and a loss and they're very lucky to hang on for the win. I hate watching my own team play for this reason.

There's something else I'm confident of and that is they won't be able to defend against Manly like the Chooks did tonight, and it seems Carney may not play so it's bye bye Sharks next week.

The Rooster's defence is unbelievable. The first half from both teams was clinical but the 2nd half turned into an error fest but luckily for the Roosters, Manly made a few more than they did.

What about the Bunnies... very impressed with them last night. On the other hand, can we say Melbourne's "THREE" are no longer what they used to be or have teams worked out how to contain them?
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Well have to say even being the loser over the chooks what a game it was ! that was near on a SOO battle of old loved it.
    TBH our errors costed us many times pressing the pass on the attack and near the chooks line I'm sure if we had got a converted try we would have rolled over the chooks. Mind you kudos to them they held on.
    I didn't watch any of the bunny game so can't comment nor of the cowgirls sharks game but saw the highlights etc....terrible pathetic mistake made in the modern times, all officials sacked as expected.
    Typical qlder's talking up the sydney conspiracy LOL....ffs the small mindedness is beyond.

Well Youssef you couldn't have put $$$ on it that our teams hit it out Friday night - we are beaten and hurt you most likely won't have carney we no stewart, I really hope we finsih you guys off but its anybodys game I suppose.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (17th September 2013)

Yeah, it's whoever turns up. I don't like our chances without Carney - he's set up a huge percentage of our tries. Percentage wise he's the highest in the league so it goes to show how much we'll miss him. There's only one way we can beat ya's and that's by rattling the cage - that's all we're good at.

We have no attacking finesse and our defence can be patchy. If Manly throw at the Sharks what they threw at the Roosters the score line will be embarrassing.

Newcastle and the Storm. Wayne Bennett vs Bellyache. I like Bennett a lot for what he's achieved but he's done it in a humble manner. I'd like to see the Knights beat the Storm. I think they can and I think Mr Bennett will have them prepared. I know Sharks won't go any further but as long as the Storm (read Billy Slater) don't make it I'm happy.

With Buderas playing out his career I'd also like to see him go out on a good note, he deserves it.

I think your rattling the cage stratergy will have a lot of merit and playing Luke Lewis I expect will have a blinder tbh taking on carneys role so it will be anybodies game. We have lacked that killer blow in the big games ie every chooks/bunnies game mind you we got the storm back on an off day imo though it was sweet !
    Hence why we didn't finish off the chooks the other night we making enough chances to do so.

Bellyache has never bothered me - I have respected what he has done in a none nrl town but I agree with you re slater hope he cops a belting !
    Nights have never grabbed me so comsecomsa.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

The game has arrived Youssef - I'll be watching.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I don't have a good feeling about tonight... I can see a very lop-sided scoreline.

Besides that I'm happy to see Wayne Bennett's team go through. I really do hope they win tomorrow.

Funny - I'm expecting a tuff game and I'm not confident as well LOL......
    Finals football any code is anyones game - as you said depends who turns up.

I'm not fussed over the knights and bennett but being a nswelshmen be good to see storm rolled !

Bet you the officials will be on tender hooks this weekend.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Re the officials, mistakes happen a lot. Last week's miscount wasn't any better or worse.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast