Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Project

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Picked up the XR8 today from Brissy. Time to give it the final once over and on the trailer to Goondiwindi. Still pretty happy with it knowing that the XR6 has all the panels and gear that I will need for a seamless change over. Picked up my hoist as well so I can start some jobs next week. Pick the XR6 up in two weeks and then the work really starts. Very excited about getting this project done. Already have plans for the XR6 but will reveal that after I have finished with the XR8

Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Well this will keep you amused for a while

What colour FH XR8 will you buy.....Red?
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post
    Well this will keep you amused for a while

What colour FH XR8 will you buy.....Red?
    Hahaha. Yeh been thinking about it for a bit. If the colour suits the FH then yeh red would be nice. Still love the Ego colour and want to see what the rims look like. If they do not change from the FG2 19 inch rims (which may happen due to cost cutting) then I would probably like to see how my rims look on it. Then there is always the dark blue........OK I have no idea.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

The teaser shots of fh show new rims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    The teaser shots of fh show new rims.
    Thanks mate just had a quick look at them. Hopefully they are just a prototype because they didn't look that good. Hopefully will look better when the official pictures come out.

Back in Gundi today so had time to look over the Falcon at depth. Few more jobs here and there than anticipated but they are easy fixes. One surprise is that it looks like there has been a camber kit fitted to the front. Engine bay is OK and once I give it a good clean should be able to do the oil changes and part checks.

The interior is a bit tired but the good thing is that the XR6 has plenty of parts and the rest can be grabbed at local wreckers. Just missed out on grabbing an EA Falcon that had all the parts I wanted.....for $300. But have plenty of time for this project so not worried.

That's an unusual 5.0 plaque on the manifold, I've never seen one like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    That's an unusual 5.0 plaque on the manifold, I've never seen one like that.
    I reckon that it is the badge off the Mustang or another American vehicle.

Picked up the second part of the project today. Auto EB2 XR6 with ABS. The engine and transmission are in good condition as are the panels. This is the beasty getting ready to leave the shed where she has been sitting for the past few years. I am only the second owner of this car. So this will be a keeper for sure.

The plan for this is to donate the panels and some other parts to the XR8. This is because the XR8 is the primary project. I will then fix the XR8 panels and put them back on the XR6. The auto transmission will eventually go and a manual placed in. The car will then become my track car for my mates for when I take out the FH XR8. The XR6 is an excellent package to build from for this sort of job. I was going to part this car but after seeing it in the flesh I just couldn't do it.

As you can see the panels are very dusty. First job is to give it and the XR8 a quick clean in the morning. Then I will have to take off the rear caliper because it has seized. Both cars will then go into the shed and I can start the project next week. I have also found a Ford haven for wrecks at a farm outside Toowoomba. Absolute goldmine if you are chasing EA-ED and Fairlane parts. I will take a picture during the week. Just stumbled onto it by chance. They also have a EB XR6 sitting there. Already got it for some interior parts, panels, and the rear diff. Will keep you all posted during the week.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (9th September 2013)

Both cars are now back safely in Gundi. Gave each a quick wash this morning so that I could have a chance to sit back and assess the jobs that have to be done.

The XR6 is in pretty good condition with just some surface rust in a few places. Certainly no panel cutting here though. Need to source new diff (sorted) some interior parts and some panels. Apart from the usual consumables this one should be a not too bad.

On closer inspection the XR8 has some cancer that has to be sorted. Decent jobs but to be expected for the price of the car. Interior will need a clean up and all panels will need some sort of touch up. I will be transplanting the doors from the XR6. I was also going to transfer the front bumper but it is still stamped with the original VIN number from that car. So it will stay. So this is definitely a bigger mission. But it was what I bought it for so not overly worried. The plan is to sit down tomorrow and get a list of parts needed and get an order of attack sorted. The first job will be getting it on the hoist and started!

Also picked up my first trinket from the wreckers last week. Couldn't help it. Engine cover for the Windsor.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast