Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Price of used mustangs

Price of used mustangs

Has anyone looked at the price of used mustangs lately?

There are quite a few on carsales, genuine tickford with 100-150k for about $20k.

This is bloody cheap as they are a pretty good car. Well unless you are 6'2" and then you hit your knee on the dash every time you change gears.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

WASP (22nd October 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post

There are quite a few on carsales, genuine tickford with 100-150k for about $20k.

This is bloody cheap as they are a pretty good car. Well unless you are 6'2" and then you hit your knee on the dash every time you change gears.
    That is pretty decent, I would consider one I think.

Wonder how many owners of converted mustangs will be trying to get rid of theirs before factory rhd ones arrive.

You would have to think values will take a knock once the new ones are here, and affordable. (Well, more affordable than crazy current prices)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

I never much liked the Tickford Mustangs. I always put them in the same boat as the Taurus - here to try and replace the performance Falcon, whilst only being slightly better. They were also the dearest Ford sold in Australia. Sadly that experiment failed, and these converted 'Stangs will be the bastard child of the Mustang stable. That and I'm 6'3", and don't fit in one.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

I didn't like the stupid extra lights they had to fit to the bumpers, and the tyre to guard clearance made them look like 4wds.

Other than that, mint rides. And those 4.6s are jewels of motors. They should have used those instead of the 5.4s in the b series.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

I did like these, not enough to consider buying one as they were rather expensive at the time, not that that’s a bad thing, they just didn’t float my boat back then. Like anything, if the price is right I’d consider buying one but I have a strange feeling that they may be a little cheaper when the new RHD models hit the shores here.
    Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    I didn't like the stupid extra lights they had to fit to the bumpers, and the tyre to guard clearance made them look like 4wds.

Other than that, mint rides. And those 4.6s are jewels of motors. They should have used those instead of the 5.4s in the b series.
    That’s a given, they are an awesome engine. It’s actually one of the options that many GT 40 owners go for. I ended up with a 5.4, either way it should go reasonably well.

Here’s a bit of info that I found thanks to Mr Google. A pretty good read if you're into these.

http://www.autospeed.com/cms/A_1211/article.html

I remember the days of the Tickford Stang well - so over priced as mentioned, an interesting time also when GrpA evolved and DJ steered around the underpowered Green beast.
    As mentioned going to be interesting once the dedicated rhd Pony gets released, current second hand pricing of the current shape hi po is so OTT will be interesting what they bring after this new model arrives.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Yes overpriced new but a real bargain today. I've been looking to get one for a while now but other things keep coming up.

The front end styling is definitely too fussy by a long shot - more incentive to give other road users a prompt (if short-lived) rear view. They were a very quick car - slightly shading the T3 to 400m. I don't know how they go in the twisties, but if Tickford tweeked the suspension at all then they should make for a very good drive in the country.

Actually they weren't the most expensive Ford in the showroom (because they had to be discounted to get them to move and list price was never achieved LOL) - that honour belongs to the TL50.
    Australian Muscle Car ... "It is a sensational high performance vehicle; a beautifully engineered and immensely capable four door Grand Tourer or 'GT' in the truest sense of that tradition."

No prize for guessing what car they were referring to ... OWN THE ROAD ...

The Tickford Mustangs were quite a good unit. In fact when Ford engineers from the US came out they claimed that Tickford actually improved the product by improving the balance of the car during the conversion process. This happened because the engine had to be dead centre for the right hand drive conversation and from factory they where slightly off centre for left hand drive.

Very good low km examples still fetch up to $40k but there are many in the low to mid $20k range. The 4.6 is little pearler of a engine and sounds the business. The main thing that let the car down was the interior quality.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (22nd October 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by flappist View Post

Last time I looked they where still $50K plus for Coupe in manual, massive price drop all a sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Last time I looked they where still $50K plus for Coupe in manual, massive price drop all a sudden?
    Yeh, I suspect the factory RHD announcement has frightened a few.
    They were artificially high due to rarity, not so rare shortly.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (22nd October 2013)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast