Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Building a Fairy with Muscle...

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    Good to see you here Nath.
    Thanks Tim,

Bout time I moved away from ASF.

Validated User
    hey bro long time! car looks sick let me know if you wanna sell your wheels haha

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hamoudy10 For This Useful Post:

FAT245 (30th October 2013)

Validated User
    Ford Racing Lifters

Comp Cams Roller Rockers

New Pimpin' IAC

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FAT245 For This Useful Post:

Burnout (27th July 2014),HSE2 (27th May 2014)

Validated User
    So, After a Great effort by Milton and the crew at Harris engine Services,
    yesterday the engine was removed!

Today, after some fiddling, We had all the ancillaries on the engine and had it ready to be dropped in!

Then Together we were able to get the Engine into the car!
    It is a tight fit and the bonnet just touches, there will be some modifications required but this will be done tomorrow if there is time!

Then we ended up with this!

After some fighting, we got the extractors bolted up, and most of the systems Plumbed, need to do some creative engineering for the return line, but it is just fitting some parts, winding her over for oil pressure then installing the plugs and leads and firing her to life!

Can't wait to hear her ROAR through the open 3" Collectors!!!

Estimating around lunch time for her to come to life, then onto the tow truck and to the exhaust shop for a Custom Dual 2.5" Mandrel System!

We also fitted the New Convertor (FINALLY!), Which is a Custom 3500 9.5" Convertor from the guys at Slingshot Convertors, who Prasac and his brother uses for all their cars, They are street and track proven and quite Knowledgeable!

Big Shout out to Milton and Steve from Harris Engine Services,
    Steve from Unique Mufflers, Ride, Matt, Dave, Grandpa Phil!

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FAT245 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th November 2013),Archilino (14th November 2013),HSE2 (27th May 2014)

Oi! What about me for the heads!!!

Looks great. Eagerly waiting for the tune results.

Validated User
    Jeez...

It has been awhile....
    I took a break from Forums as I got a sour taste in my mouth from moderators from another forum...

Bit of changes to the engien since the last post.

Firstly,

Nothing much to Report on the car other than Melting the Top Clutch pack in the ESS Transmission,

We Replaced it with a Spare box as a Temporary measure While i send the ESS Box off to a friends workshop at Rosebery to have it Built Ford Tough.

Oil came like liquid Silver, So I'd say it has worn into the drums quite a bit as well, so New Solenoids might be needed not to mention a higher volume pump and Alloy pan to help prevent torsional twisting the the transmission casing.

Threw the old girl back on the dyno and did some timing changes, we pulled 8 degrees out and gained 11kw over the old figure, but the run was cut short at 6500 as the box Spat the dummy and crapped outs its convertor pump seal, this was fitted to the box prior to the runs ... maybe we got a little over zealous lol

The Transmissions last Huzzah!

After the Dyno, I reviewed the logs and the engine is moving 1300+ KG/HR Worth of Air at top end!
    Fuel trims were within 1-1.5% after some quick dialling in of the MAF, down from the 2.1-2.5% Variances.

and the Final run...during this run the box cried enough and begged for mercy.. we were trying to track down a lean issue up top... someone forgot to raise the factory fuel cut lol

Ended up ripping the pump apart in the front of the BTR, So I had the ESS Box rebuilt by a shop at Milperra, they Installed an earlier model pump and did some other mods to it to help it last... alittle longer lol

After suspecting that something is wrong with the fuel pump, I ordered a 400LPH to make sure that the engine has a plentiful supply of fuel I found this when removing the old 255lph.

It sure took a few weeks to get the car back with a decent trans in it,

Second day back from having it... i say the box is strong now lol

as it did this!

Waiting to put a few more KM on the transmission before it goes back on the dyno as it made 261rwkw with just 22 Degrees total timing.. Might give it a belly full of United P100!

The car currently has a factory tailshaft back in it, but it will be replaced most likely with a chrome moly unit

Nathan

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FAT245 For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (26th May 2014),HSE2 (27th May 2014)

Ouch!!!!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Tell ya what, it sure did make my arsehole pucker up!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to FAT245 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (27th May 2014)

I bet. No other damage?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Validated User
    some scraps to the floor, but i was only doing 40km when it snapped, I had just given it alittle bit of throttle as i had gone over a speed hump lol..

X-Pipe caught it... it serves two purposes.. Exhaust and Tailshaft Loop !

16. The Following User Says Thank You to FAT245 For This Useful Post:

defective (27th May 2014)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast