:Ambulance

Selling Price $
    : 20,000 ONO

Odometer Reading
    : 230,000 something

City
    : Macedon Ranges

Other relevant information.

Considering selling the ambulance as I'm quite interested in another car, and having 5 cars would be getting ridiculous, VicRoads as it is needs to roll out the red carpet and they don't do it for me at the moment with 4 registered cars.

Its had about $2000 spent on front end suspension components, new windscreen, new seat belts for RWC when I bought it:

Its got 3 new Deka Intimidator batteries under the hood, 2100 CCA of cranking power, about 150AH of battery capacity if you wish to use it as a camper van.

It started life as one of Victoria's last GMC Sierra regional ambulances before they were replaced with the Mercedes Sprinter turds, it was decommissioned a few years later and a company in Tullamarine called First Intervention, a paramedic training company bought it from Ambulance Victoria.

They had it stickered up in their colours (which are still on it as you can see) and red and blues removed, then fitted up with just red lights.

They had it since I bought it off them earlier this year, it had spent the last few years in a garage just being used a few times a year by students for training purpose, they sold it because they wanted to upgrade to a more modern Mercedes Sprinter, which I actually decommissioned for them at work.

I bought it for intention for turning into a camper van, which I will still do if I don't sell it.

It has a 700W pure sinewave inverter in the back, and a 240V 15A inlet plug to connect it up to a powered site if you want to run bigger 240V appliances inside, its wired through safety switches.

All the functions still work inside the rear, it still has the suction pump as well.

I've removed the red light bar on the top and sprayed the red lights on the rear cabin black, they are actually still functional though.

The rear can be taken off if you wish to convert it back to a tray back ute. I'm not sure if it has to be re-engineered as a ute.

Just paid 12 months rego last month, can be driven on regular car license!

Comes with a rebuilt Holset HE351VE VGT Turbo done by Procharge Turbos in Sunbury, which has had the exhaust housing ceramic coated and a Ryco air filter. I planned on putting it on the Ambo eventually. Also comes with a new in the box Sony DAB+ head unit as the factory one **** itself and only plays Magic 1278 now, lol.

For $25,000 you can also have my EL Fairmont Ghia with it, lol.
    Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 30th November 2013 at 10:58 PM.

I must say Damo when you first announced this little acquisition I was thinking WTF. So what's the next project?
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    I must say Damo when you first announced this little acquisition I was thinking WTF. So what's the next project?
    No next project, I'd like to keep the ambo but a really nice car has caught my eye, just seeing if anyone is interested, if it sells I'll get the other car.

A 2000 7 series LWB in mint condition has come up for sale in my local area, wouldn't mind getting me a piece of the V12 action, can't justify having 5 cars lol.

Or I'm also thinking about selling my Focus, around March next year when I go full license, if both sold I'd be able to get an RS Focus.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

defective (1st December 2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    No next project, I'd like to keep the ambo but a really nice car has caught my eye, just seeing if anyone is interested, if it sells I'll get the other car.

A 2000 7 series LWB in mint condition has come up for sale in my local area, wouldn't mind getting me a piece of the V12 action, can't justify having 5 cars lol.

Or I'm also thinking about selling my Focus, around March next year when I go full license, if both sold I'd be able to get an RS Focus.
    Just on the 7 series, do your research first. Those things can be maintenance nightmares, even when they were new.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Just on the 7 series, do your research first. Those things can be maintenance nightmares, even when they were new.
    Hell yeah, something that cost over $200K when new, is still going to have the same parts and service prices to match a $200K car, doesn't matter its now around a tenth of its original price.

Must be a reason for its sale too when you think about it, right?

Hell yeah, something that cost over $200K when new, is still going to have the same parts and service prices to match a $200K car, doesn't matter its now around a tenth of its original price.

Damo, don't do it.

My little brother bought a 20 year old 730i for $19k. It cost him an absolute fortune to operate and event though it was a V8 was slower than a Camry.
    Even the tyres were a weird size and cost $600 each while there were no after market mags with the right stud pattern.
    Every time one of the 40 gazillion computers went nuts which was far too regularly a replacement from a wreckers (which was just as old and potentially frail) or from Germany was needed as the parts from BMW started in the mid 4 digits and went up quickly. He was lucky that there was an old German guy who was a BMW mechanic retired in a nearby town who could fix the problems and talk with his contacts back in Germany to get the parts. They are not as silly as a Porsche 928 or anything Italian but bloody close.
    A velocitatem terram

Google-Fu, the ancient snowflake art of knowing little, understanding less but believing anything they find on Google as the word of God.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to flappist For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (1st December 2013)

Well that probably explains why its for sale, thanks for that.

Its those 90s/early 2000s electronics.

I've still got the ambo listed for sale, gauge interest, if I can get what I want for it, I'll let it go but I'll be pretty sad about it.

I'll keep away from that 7 series I think, wouldn't mind me the Focus RS or a nice T3 TS50 though.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (2nd February 2014)

I can understand the appeal, I'm a bit of a closet fan of the 1990's 750iL as well. But Flappist has nailed it unfortunately.

The RS or the T3 should give you the jollies you're looking for :-)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (2nd February 2014)

Sold!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

defective (2nd February 2014)