Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4X4 Babbling.......

4X4 Babbling.......

Anything got someone to say re 4x4's in general here the place to contribute.
    Pics - experiences - likes dislikes - wants !

As some know here I opted for a SR5 Lux in pref of a couple other options, imo I think I made the right choice.
    Reliable, sound and above all looks pretty damn good.
    I also went the auto duie to feedback from some very relieable 4x4 companies I know and do business with also that 90% of my use is around Sydney surburbia and tbh the auto does the job off road as well they tell me.
    For Galaxy's benefit to date the diesel economy is still great ! having just rechecked the other day 8.5l per 100 damn great ! The auto itself shifts fine - off the mark she does pick up better than I expect.
    The other day I had a 2" Tuff Dog lift kit fitted.
    What a bloody improvement on road feel and comfort - going up another notch with 35mm gas presurised rear shocks matched to 4Ways leaf pack and the fronts a test version of 41mm Foam cell spring seats and their HD coils I am amazed how this has transformed my ride feel compared to the OE product.
    So she lifted by 60mm at the front and 50mm at the rear.
    Damn those owners getting 4"-6" lifts its a small climb as it is getting into the truck, my wife will need a step ladder LOL.....
    Well worth getting this done for those inclined.
    Next up is sourcing some Narva HIDS for the front.

YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (9th December 2013),Falc'man (9th December 2013),galaxy xr8 (9th December 2013)

Who did that to it? Come on name them and I will get on a plane and sort this out. These criminals need to find justice.

Pimp my ride has a lot to answer for.

(hehehehehe)
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (9th December 2013)

I'll let you know - come out for dinner later LOL.......its the ride over the new mussy when arrived hehe

I think I need to change those wheels next year looking at the above.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Lol.. please for the love of god, get rid of that Bling!!! lol.
    Nice ride mate and thank's for remembering me and the economy, that sounds really good for the size of vehicle and auto, can you explain what you have been told about the auto v's manual debate in the hilux as I would love to know as everybody I know has the manual and has told me to stay away from the auto but in saying that they are manual people that have only ever owned them and wouldn't give the auto the time of day, they are also old school so I take what they say about the auto with a grain of salt, I personally would prefer the auto myself.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (9th December 2013)

Hey its sydney surburbia bling is everywhere we are not shy LOL......

Galaxy thats exactely the argument to the old school - thats all they want to believe I'm over that BS long ago just as in the T3 being ESS, big dick syndrome from the past - this is talking about modern day vehicles, manual would always be my pref buying a xseries coupe for eg (besides the autos those days were ordinary right) autos even since the AU with the ESS go bloody great its splitting hairs re times but our own usage bahhhhhh.
    Most comments from my 4by customers kept saying the hilux weak link is the clutch, many owners having to replace from just 60thou k's, also off road performance difference is minimal nowadays and I can agree.
    Just look at also of the ZF box in the fpv's in the F6 or GT's - myself experiencing the 5.0l RSpec in passenger seat being driven by the Ford test pilot - asking which is quicker and the better drive ? he said without a doubt the auto !! this is the thing mate ol school is ol school modern day autos have taken over period, F1 paddle shifts you can go on and on.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I know exactly what you mean when I bought my AU everyone I know gave me such a hard time because it was auto, and to be honest I don't regret the decision one bit, I have thoroughly enjoyed the drives over the years, and as I get older I find myself actually sitting back and enjoying the experience more so of actually relaxing and driving.

I have just this week returned from a trip to the beach with my family to which the poor old AU was full to the brim and that's only with 2 adults and a 2 yr old, as we were away I seen so many Prado's and Hilux's that I was dreaming, one day soon.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (9th December 2013)

yer I recall my holiday travels with the wife and 2 kids before No3 - the AU was chokers but I always boasted how much it could take and that it did, once No3 came forget it, between kids wanting their bikes,boogie boards-me my surf board,golf clubs fishing rods/gear for everyone dual cabs have ruled.
    I can fit everything in and more as well as the 2 smaller kids having all the room they need in the back now that our eldest has come to age of not joining mum and dad on hols lol......
    Then as you know the beauty of getting on the beach or off road tracks looking forward to this chrissy new year period the bling bling beast goin to get dirty !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

and this from the man that picks on my panda eyes
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (10th December 2013)

Cool ride M.

To my eye the lift kit requires that you ditch the big rims and replace them with big rubber. Like 16" rims but with 30" tall 12" wide tyres.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th December 2013),FTe217 (9th December 2013)

yep spot on Elks.....thats my direction next.

Slow,panda eyes has nothing on the tonka-nothing !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast