Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 4X4 Babbling.......

Thread title should be Bab-bling.

I agree with Tony.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Falc'man For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (16th December 2013)

Well to date since the suspension upgrade I'm still very impressed with the ride on the fare to shabby sydney roads.
    Running 24's and low profile rubber she still smooth as fantastic product to date.
    I have just got her serviced today - all filters changed, fresh oils been confirmed the tonka is spot on !
    Starting on some prep tonight for the holiday k's coming up
    Part No./Description
    71702HID
    Narva Ultima 225 H.I.D Combination Driving Lamp Kit 12/24 Volt 35W 225mm dia. Broad Beam, Pencil Beam

These puppys are going to light up that road and the beach night driving for that matter can't wait !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Having been on leave till today have to say the tonka has been spot on with the many k's I've done the last 2-3wks.
    Galaxy still averaging 8.4l/100 thats combined with freeway surburbia and beach dune bashing.
    The thing hasn't missed a beat, the 4speed auto ratios don't fase me at all, sure they are not perfect but not a deal breaker.
    The lift kit has been a great upgrade I'll never go back to stock running gear in these 4x4's.
    The narva HID's are awesum on open roads and night beach driving, the length of beam is amazing coming from my passenger background.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Great stuff mate, did you get any pic's while tripping around, any nice pic's of the bling machine on the sands ??.

nah mate too busy belting the be jesus out of her, none of us thought to stop takes piccys, I'll make sure next session.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    nah mate too busy belting the be jesus out of her, .

You still talking about the car ?...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (21st July 2014)

Just an update on ownership of my 1st dual cab oil burner.
    Can't fault it tbh - just had a service and she's humming along very well - Galaxy I checked its economy the other day was down to 7.3 I was impressed !
    Seriously what a practical daily and family run around at the same time should have got one of these long ago.
    The wife does have her moments climbing up to her seat with the 2" lift LOL but the added height just adds to the ease of going over speed humps, parking over kerbs etcetc, you just don't worry about things as you would having a normal sedan etc.
    Only 2 negatives that one day get sorted - being used to sedan braking and having the T3 with brembos these things need brake component upgrades, this will be done once pads are due for change - next is the bling wheels, tbh parked she looks great, comments from people confirm it but I need to get a set of 17's or 18's with the bubble rubber then I can offroad her for some fun !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

galaxy xr8 (4th July 2014)

I ride shotgun with my mates for some local 4x4ing around Mt Macedon/Macedon and Wombat state forest, I'd be changing out those wheels if you take it off road because those tyres won't last long before you rip it off the wheel or puncture the sidewall on a sharp rock.

Get a set of 15" wheels and all terrains and keep them in the shed, swap them onto the car when you want to go out for some 4x4.

Keep bling for scooting about the city

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (6th July 2014)

All true Damo - more so the bling rims will be buckled before you know it, not worth trying any off road tracks they are surburban wheels full stop.
    Yer 15-17's will be on before the years out.

No matter how gutless these old D4's are I'm strating to enjoy the ownership, purely on the base's that you don't have to slow down too much for speed humps, not worry about severve angled driveways etcetc nor where I park - thats what I reallly like about it - its the daily.
    Slugging my way down to Wagga for a over nighter tomorrow - love to take the T3 but I just couldn't be bothered having to take care of her, yes I'm getting even more lazier, that was confirmed last Friday - for the 1st time I took the little Monster truck to a hand car wash first thing in the morn - cleaning bling 22" wheels then climbing a ladder doing the roof etc due to 2" lift takes alot of time ! plus with the cold I thought F it - tbh they did a great job and that $30 saved me 2hrs of my time !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

The brother has just about completed his project: and 80 series Land Cruiser.
    The poor bloody thing was an NA Diesel, five speed. He has a habbit of towing a 26 1/2 foot van of immence proportions all over the country side.
    The poor bloody Tojo was reduced to 2nd gear low range up the Toowoomba range with the van on the back. He was unimpressed with this so decided to do something about it. The Tojo having had a lot of mods already, he would not give it up, soooo, he shoved in a 6.5L V8 Chev Durateck Diesel with a 2.7 liter Harrop blower on top.
    This brute has a 4 speed Allison Auto stacked on the back. The box is computer controlled and has a deal of input available to the driver including the ability to lock up the torque convertor anytime. All three diffs can be locked or unlocked together or any one or two independent of the other/s. Diff ratios were raised commensurate with increased performance too. Other than that its got sump oil coolers, trans coolers, extractors and a 4 inch system and a mandrel bent stainless steel snort feeding air to the Chev.
    It went on the 4X4 Dyno at Chip Torque last week and the pump will be tweeked slightly to feed in some more fuel for loads.
    Thing goes hard too!
    Those of you who attended the 4X4 Tinnie and Tackle Show at RNA Brisbane this year would have seen the 'Beast' on display there.
    (Sadly its not a patch on the RTV).
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Burnout For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (22nd July 2014)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast