Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forsale 2009 FG XR6

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Well congrats I suppose - I know you had to make a call and agree under the circumstances also I can't counter argue.
    Post up some pics for us to enjoy
    Im hoping Ford do something to support the RWD sedan market in Australia over the next 4 years to give me something to come home to, but till then im living on the dark side with Blue blood.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Sold, :-) car goes friday night!
    without giving away too much, how close did you get to your reduced figure of $15500? within $1000 or so and i reckon you did well.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    without giving away too much, how close did you get to your reduced figure of $15500? within $1000 or so and i reckon you did well.
    $15000 mate, first person to see it bought it.

They commented on the fact every other car they'd looked at was either poorly kept or poorly presented, god advice if you want top dollar.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

$15000 mate, first person to see it bought it.
    probably testament to its condition. that to me sounds like a fantastic result considering it was a 5sp as well wasn't it! if i got $15k for mine i'd be very happy. mind you, you'll never catch me in a car built by the general, so congrats (sort of) on the VF.

god advice if you want top dollar.
    pretty good advice then

5. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th January 2014)

Well congratulations for supporting Australian manufacturing till the end. A concept sadly lacking by most. When we meet, the first beer is one me.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (15th January 2014)

Its bitter sweet Ian, ill always be "Ford" but the VF is just far too good compared to my FG and there isn't enough info or time to wait for FH.

I really hope Ford pull something out of the bag for 2018 to get me back in a blue oval product, ironically its GM that seem to be all guns blazing in the performance sedan landscape post 2017... Over at ford its Crickets cheeping....

I'm with you Norm. I've got to replace the BF, and the pull of the red team, with either a Calais-V or SS-V is almost too alluring to miss. I'm certain I'll send up in one more Falcon, but fuck the quality of the VF Commodore is too great to ignore.

I wont have to make a decision until April or May, so hopefully we know more about FU then, but otherwise I'll be in a V6 for the first time ever.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Paxton For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (15th January 2014)

So is the forum going to soon be called The Australian Car Forums?

Norm, the SS I could have forgiven but the SV6? Time to hand in your man card!..lol

No seriously, congratulations mate. I'm not fond of the mechanical package of the VF 6 compared to the FG but spec for spec, you cant argue with the value proposition.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (16th January 2014)

YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

prydey (16th January 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by WASP View Post
    So is the forum going to soon be called The Australian Car Forums?

Norm, the SS I could have forgiven but the SV6? Time to hand in your man card!..lol

No seriously, congratulations mate. I'm not fond of the mechanical package of the VF 6 compared to the FG but spec for spec, you cant argue with the value proposition.
    Thanks mate, Hahaha, yeah the Australian Broad minded Ford Forum...

I'm still a Ford man but this time i purchased a car completely on merit without any brand bias, i hope Ford do something in the next 4 years to sway me back "home".

16. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

WASP (16th January 2014)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12