Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyre review: Nexen N8000

Driven by BOOST
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    What do people think about the Goodyear eagle tyres, either,
    eagle F1 asymmetric 2,
    eagle F1 directional 5,

Any reviews on them.
    Got the asymetric 2's on the wifes SP25 Mazda in 225/45/17 size.
    Only had them on there for a few months and so far they seem pretty good and better than the Bridgestone RE002 that we had on the car before the goodyears.

Goodyears are a fairly quiet tyre (especially important on a mazda3) and good in the wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Red F6310 View Post
    Got the asymetric 2's on the wifes SP25 Mazda in 225/45/17 size.
    Only had them on there for a few months and so far they seem pretty good and better than the Bridgestone RE002 that we had on the car before the goodyears.

Goodyears are a fairly quiet tyre (especially important on a mazda3) and good in the wet.
    Thank's mate, yeah it's the wet weather experience that I am keen to know about.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    Thank's mate, yeah it's the wet weather experience that I am keen to know about.
    N8000's are very good in the wet, they inspire confidence.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I've run a few different tyres (all about the same price). I was happy with the Dunlops but they are loud but grip was more then enough in the wet. Had to buy a set of Toyo's once as I ripped the sidewall out and they were absolutly shit. No corner grip when I pushed it.
    Had a set of Falkins (they were on special but normally more expensive then the dunlops) they seemed great when new but as soon as they got about 5000k's under the belt they pretty much turned to shit and again hold the car in the corner (I couldn't wait to get rid of them).
    I've been putting MAxxis on lately (currently the XR and the Turbo have the dunlops) and they have been bloody good in wet and dry. The price is good noise is as bad as the rest of the tyres but I'm impressed by the grip levels.
    Not sure what will go on the ute next, thinking bout maxxis as they seem grippier then the Dunlops (in previous cars) but I'm quite happy with the utes grip...mind you the LSD does help.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (10th May 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    N8000's are very good in the wet, they inspire confidence.
    Thats the type of tyre I wish to have next , something that shows confidence in the wet, I am going to get some prices on these tyres.

Has anyone tried Bridgestone Potenza RE002, with buy 3 get the 4th free deal at the moment the price is hard to go past.

I am having a set fitted to the Mini tomorrow. The Kumho KU36 that I have at the moment were brilliant but now down close to the wear limit and noisy as hell.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Quote Originally Posted by Lynton View Post
    Has anyone tried Bridgestone Potenza RE002, with buy 3 get the 4th free deal at the moment the price is hard to go past.

I am having a set fitted to the Mini tomorrow. The Kumho KU36 that I have at the moment were brilliant but now down close to the wear limit and noisy as hell.
    How long did you get out of the KU36 because thats a road legal semi slick yeah?

Update.

Well car has just ticked over 16000 k's so i did a front to rear rotation yesterday.

First off after 16000 k's i must say these are very good tyres, particularly in the wet, don't be fooled by the brand name, probably one of the better wet weather tyres i've had and are predictable.

Given they are rated as an "Ultra High performance" tyre and soft compound id hope they were too.

Findings:

Front tyres (40psi). were still bloody good, in all honesty very evenly worn and about 90% tread left.

Rear tyres (40psi). were still good, but were slightly unevenly worn in the centre of the tyre (Concave), so ill drop pressures 2 psi on the rear. About 65% tread left too, so the softer compound is noticeable on the drive wheels.

Its clear i need to maintain regular rotations on these tyres to get the best most even wear from them, i probably should have done it at 10,000 k's but i wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Im predicting 50,000 + K's from this set if i keep an eye on rotations, tyre pressures and wear rates front to rear.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

So in a nut shell ,
    What would you recomend for 275/19 ?
    Top priorities would be very quiet , and dry grip ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestuff1 View Post
    So in a nut shell ,
    What would you recomend for 275/19 ?
    Top priorities would be very quiet , and dry grip ?
    Bare in mind i'm only putting 210kw through these although they would cope with more than the Dunlops.

Well given how HSV perform maybe Continentals, Or Yokohama's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast