Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tyre review: Nexen N8000

Mate of mine puts on Conti's every time.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    ........ if i keep an eye on rotations, tyre pressures and wear rates front to rear.
    and therein lies the biggest secret - regular maintenance!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (1st September 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    and therein lies the biggest secret - regular maintenance!
    This is why i got 95000 K's out of the 5000's on the XR6!!!

Honestly, if i didnt rotate this set and left the rears on the way they are id only get 35000 K's out of them, they'd be down to the tread wear blocks in the middle and fine on the shoulders.

Rotating them and adjusting (checking) pressures will see 50,000+ K's.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Mate of mine puts on Conti's every time.
    I use Conti's on the Focus

Got ContiSportContact 2s on it

But 205/55R16 are much cheaper than what something in the big wheel sizes are.

yer mate jatz biscuit size as called by me for years LOL........once upon before your time we used to have cross plys ! now they were razor cutters LOL........
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd September 2014)

Bare in mind i'm only putting 210kw through these although they would cope with more than the Dunlops.

Well given how HSV perform maybe Continentals, Or Yokohama's
    What model variation on these tyres would you recomend , given its going to have more than 210rwkw ?
    Wet no so much an issue as I'm a scardy cat driving in the wets...?

Validated User
    Bare in mind i'm only putting 210kw through these although they would cope with more than the Dunlops.

Well given how HSV perform maybe Continentals, Or Yokohama's
    There was reports of sidewall failure on the HSV's, in the 19" & 20" range.
    Clouting edges of potholes & broken bitumen, is not the fault of HSV, nor Continental Tyres
    Yokohama did not suffer from sidewall failure, but they were a lot more expensive in price.
    The only reason I know, is because I did some research, as to why my dopey sons were having tyre blowouts on their "blinged" 20 " wheels on their XR6 Turbo's.
    Easy answer, cheap Chinese made tyres." But dad, they look so cool & are so cheap."

Validated User
    Some idea's for you guys.
    Quiet tyre, Yokohama S Drive.
    Wet Weather tyre, Yokohama C Drive, but be warned, they are a soft compound & as Norm stated require regular maintenance, rotation etc.
    Sporty Tyre, Yokohama Advan Sport, these are on my Blue GT, they stick like shit to a blanket, during hard cornering, turn in feels wonderful, you know where the front wheels are pointed.
    However with the standard 8.5" rim, on the car, they" light up" quite easily off the line & during gear changes, but to be fair, the car is not exactly stock standard!!!

Yer the Advan Sports are great.
    I have run those Falken Sport ones not bad either for the budget.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Driven by BOOST
    I've had both the Yokohama V103 Sport and the S drives on my F6 (in stock 245/35/19 size) as well as the stock dunflops.
    The Dunlop's I replaced at just on 6000kms cos they were noisy and had next to no grip at all.
    The Yokohama advan sport V103's were pretty grippy, very quiet, tracked the road well and got me just over 20000kms, the S drives were also grippy (probably a bit better rear tyre than the V103's) but were a touch noisier and harsher than the V103's especially over some coarse bitumen roads, they lasted just on 27000kms before I replaced them.

I'm now running Kumho LE sport KU39's in 245/35 and 275/30 size (on GT RSpec rims) on the F6 and for the price I payed ($180 each front and $240 each rear) for them they seem pretty good, a little bit rumbly on coarse roads but road feel seems quite good, traction is probably on par with the V103's, as for mileage well I'll know once I get some more Km's on them (currently only done 1200kms on them) but I reckon I should get 25000-30000kms out of them.

Yes yes I go thru tyres fairly quickly but im hoping that now the car has wider rears that at least they might last a bit longer as i will no longer be able to rotate them front to back.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast