Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Grippy's AU XR6 Track Car

Good news Steve.

Have you done the rear rubbers? Axel tramp is a bitch!

Everyone needs a spin once in a while, it lets us know our abilities!

A spin let you know you are human
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    Good news Steve.

Have you done the rear rubbers? Axel tramp is a bitch!

Everyone needs a spin once in a while, it lets us know our abilities!
    Hi Tim, nah the rear rubbers haven't been touched. I will probably do the whole front and rear end in new nolathane soon, hopefully that stops the tramp! When is your race car hitting the track?

Here are the in car videos. This first run was ok, just struggled on stone cold semi slicks as you can see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4czzz9QXT8g

And this was the big spin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sWOw6e2qLw

I'm hoping to get to Sandown in August after the disappointment of missing out 3 weeks ago. I've also had enough of changing wheels and tyres when I get to the track, so I'm thinking about buying a set of Toyo R888's for road/race use.

Quote Originally Posted by Grippy View Post
    Hi Tim, nah the rear rubbers haven't been touched. I will probably do the whole front and rear end in new nolathane soon, hopefully that stops the tramp! When is your race car hitting the track?
    I was out there yesterday tuning away. New engine parts work a treat. Work too well now tho, we can keep fuel up to the surge tank. I think the factory pump in the tank is on its way out. Getting some fuel surge high in the RPM.

I will do a few updates on the thread tonight.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

Grippy (7th July 2014)

Whoops on the spin. I bet that was a bit of a pucker moment!

The track marshal jinxed you when he advised you to keep it on the track, like telling a motorcyclist to "stay upright".
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Quote Originally Posted by TICK4D-TAS View Post
    Whoops on the spin. I bet that was a bit of a pucker moment!
    It was a bit, that bank was approaching fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynton View Post
    The track marshal jinxed you when he advised you to keep it on the track, like telling a motorcyclist to "stay upright".
    You're not wrong.

Well I just got home from an awesome day at Sandown, the first Bathurst I have ever missed watching! Second run of the day the vibration I experienced in the first session seemed to cure itself, weird one. The two big braking zones at Sandown are extremely bumpy, so maybe it was just in my head?

I will upload the GoPro footage tomorrow if I have time, so for now the crappy phone pics and videos my Dad took will have to do. My best mate tagged along with his GoPro too, so hopefully we'll have some split screen viewing for you. We did capture some good footage of me having a great dice with a Renault Clio over a couple of laps which should be good viewing.

Driving home from the track the brakes didn't feel great, likely glazed pads, will sort them out before the next meeting. Sandown really is hell on brakes compared the Island, two massive braking zones from 180km/h+ straights and you're on them again before the next straight. I'm still wrapped with the AU's reliability considering the punishment I have been handing out, it was fairly warm today and the temp needle never passed 'O'. Long live the mighty AU Falcon!

Other than out braking the Clio, the AU's scalp for the day was a Saloon Car spec VN Commodore, the GoPro footage will show the fun!

I'm heading up to Winton on Melbourne Cup weekend to battle a bunch of angry Mini's around the tight little track, should be fun. Sorry for the long post, it was a great day and Ford winning Bathurst topped it off!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grippy For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (14th October 2014),Perko (13th October 2014)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast