Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 f150

Gotta admit the 2015 F150 is the best looking one yet

“…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

The trouble is going to be getting that dent out, as ally won't just let you 'pop' the ding out like steel...
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Yep, the links explain the extra costs involved.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

I wonder how the steel-bodied previous model would have faired with such hits?

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Impossible to tell unless you used similar panels with similar mounts, similar swage/crease lines in the body work etc. Seeing as this model F-150 isn't available in steel it isn't possible to do a like-for-like test, just your best guess I suppose. We don't know what is behind that panel, is there a re-inforcing beam, how does it mount to the chassis, does a swage/crease line in the panel provide extra strength etc etc. How thick is the ally panel compared to the steel one?
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    I think that's a good question.

A good test rig swinging a hammer with steady force would be good to see. As RW says the crease lines etc add strength, but really you could ignore that and just compare 2014 vs 2015 and see what the result is.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12