Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fifa world cup 2014

Fifa world cup 2014

One of my passions and one of the biggest sports in the World !
    Real Football - played with your feet as its meant to be

Over 250 Nations compete to part of this 4yrly Tournament ending with 32 Nations battling out the biggest prize in the sport - The World Cup.

Its a big win to get to this stage no matter what and I'm so glad we have made it the Socceroos.
    We are in a huge player trasition cycle just as we are having assigning a local lacking international experience local in Ange Postecoglou.
    He has had to do the lawn mowing previous coachs have neglected the last years is cull/retire our Golden Generation as known who had worn the shirt with massive pride and results.
    Now we have many young local HAL players having to step up onto the largest arena playing in Brazil.

Last 32 are split in 8 Groups of 4.
    We got pooled in with current holders Spain, The Dutch who always are strong and usually get to the Finals but our hope is Chile is similar to us to a degree having never gone too far in the tournament.
    Our 1st game is against Chile and a WIN would be of epic proportions.
    Top 2 in the Group go onto the next stage and normally 1 win and a 0 0 drawn result can be enough to get you through.

I will keep adding more in due course.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Yes I will be a huge insomniac but I'm used to this........

The 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil - Australia TV Broadcast Guide

May 17 2014

The World Cup coverage in Australia kicks-off with the opening match between hosts Brazil and Croatia at 5:30am AEST on Friday, June 13 LIVE on SBS ONE.

The World Cup on TV in Australia

The Socceroos kick-off their campaign vs Chile at 7:30am AEST on Saturday, June 14 which will be LIVE on SBS ONE. The next Australia match is against the Netherlands at 1:30am AEST on Thursday, June 19 LIVE on SBS ONE, and then Spain at 1:30am AEST on Tuesday, June 24th LIVE on SBS ONE.

All 64 World Cup matches will be live online in Australia. The matches will be available via The SBS World Game website & SBS World Cup app. The live streams will be interactive and enable users to watch matches from six different angles, and up to four feeds simultaneously. Full match replays and the multi-angle replay functionality will be available on-demand. Television coverage of the event will be offered by SBS ONE, SBS ONE HD and SBS TWO.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Group A
    Brazil
    Croatia
    Mexico
    Cameroon

Group B
    Spain
    Netherlands
    Chile
    Australia

Group C
    Colombia
    Greece
    Côte d'Ivoire
    Japan

Group D
    Uruguay
    Costa Rica
    England
    Italy

Group E
    Switzerland
    Ecuador
    France
    Honduras

Group F
    Argentina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Iran
    Nigeria

Group G
    Germany
    Portugal
    Ghana
    USA

Group H
    Belgium
    Algeria
    Russia
    Korea Republic
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I am going to try and watch a game. If its on free to air. Because I am too miserable to pay for TV.

:P
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

SBS is your free to air viewing mate - look the aussie games will be epic just to have them playing in the big stage but don't have your hopes up too high.
    We are a minnow in this league and I'm trying not to be too negative but its a big hill to climb just to score a goal imo, let alone stopping them scoring against us.
    We have to play way above ourselves the coming 3games and still come out empty handed, then again the impossible ????????????????????????????????? could happen.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

First Game down
    Brazil concede a own goal in the first 10 mins, then score a equaliser before half time
    A controversial penalty to Brazil gives them lead, and finish with a 3rd in the 91st min

Where would the world cup be without some contronversy

Australia play tomorrow morning 8am
    on SBS Ian, so even you can watch it
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Yes Andrew, typically always the theatrics and fanfare follows the big game.

The opener was going the way I had thought - Brazil all to lose playing at home under immense pressure and the Crows all to play for.
    The counter attack first own goal set the stage and I'm sure the locals were freaking out !
    Staunch defending remainder 1st half by Croatia.
    2nd half Croatia went for it just as much as Brazil - wrong call by the ref on the pen, soft very soft, game breaker but thats football Brazil should count themselves very lucky with this one - I'm hoping they struggle before the end of the tournament.

Yep bring on tomnorrow morn for us Aussies - mountain to climb but you just never know !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Validated User
    I used to play soccer, loved it, great game.
    Then the "dives" came into it, the "hand of God" goal awarded to Marradona.
    Then the Italians dive against the Socceroos, which lost the match for Australia.
    Nah, if I wanna see acting & professional dives, I will watch the experts @ WWE: highly_amused:

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

Perko (13th June 2014),VZTRT (13th June 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    I used to play soccer, loved it, great game.
    Then the "dives" came into it, the "hand of God" goal awarded to Marradona.
    Then the Italians dive against the Socceroos, which lost the match for Australia.
    Nah, if I wanna see acting & professional dives, I will watch the experts @ WWE: highly_amused:
    The diving shits me to tears. Seriously not interested (even in the world cup) anymore.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

project 064 (13th June 2014)

Might tape that Andrew if I remember.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast