Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PROJECT WASP - Journey, Tips & Update on Yella Terra's PHASE III kit

Currently off line... fpv302boss's Avatar
    awesome write up thank you Colville!

Thanks guys for the great feedback. Makes the effort worth while :-)

For those interested, below is a list of qualified workshops throughout Australia that can perfrom the Yella Terra PHASE 3 upgrade. Obviously I can vouch for Spiro at Autotech Engineering. I dont think you can wrong with Chris from BluePower, or Simon from Extreme Ford Tuning either.

VIC: HP-F / APS / Blue Power Racing / Casey Automotive
    NSW: Autotech / Gentech
    QLD: Elite / Bulletcars / Real Dyno Performance
    WA: Extreme Ford tuning / MCE / Marks Workshop
    NZ: Isaac Performance

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    This is one of my favourite bulds - that and Wade's ex ute (now Grum's) - and I actually have a crush on it; every time I go passed Autotech I sit there salivating for a few moments before I move on. Perfect stance, perfect colour, perfect shape, and by the way you've described it's journey, it looks as though it will have one of the best drivelines and chassis set-ups. Well done mate.

Also, thanks for the tips; advice like this can save anyone heartache and lots of money.
    This appeared while I was in South Australia which is kind of fitting because I consider myself very lucky to have been a front seat passenger in this car way back in 2007. Everyone in the car was so impressed. We all wanted to go out and buy Superchargers. At the time this car was tuned to around 440kws I think and yeah to this day my recollection is that it felt more alive more instant to what I own today. it was a stinking hot day but it behaved impeccably. Smooth idle awesome sound and the presentation wow. its stance was perfect but yet no scuffs underneath. Colville had instructed David form KPM to take us for a spin and David out of respect for Colville only took her to 3500 or 4000 I think it was but that was enough. Anyone who owns these Boss engines know this is the area that matters most.

How many people would be generous to organise that for a complete Stanger eh?

The next time I saw Wasp was coming up to two years ago while visiting Autotech. I had no idea there was another change of direction but I am so glad read this update.

Thanks for this Colville. This is one very serious toy now and as far as Gts go not only is it a legend but it's going to be iconic.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    This appeared while I was in South Australia which is kind of fitting because I consider myself very lucky to have been a front seat passenger in this car way back in 2007. Everyone in the car was so impressed. We all wanted to go out and buy Superchargers. At the time this car was tuned to around 440kws I think and yeah to this day my recollection is that it felt more alive more instant to what I own today. it was a stinking hot day but it behaved impeccably. Smooth idle awesome sound and the presentation wow. its stance was perfect but yet no scuffs underneath. Colville had instructed David form KPM to take us for a spin and David out of respect for Colville only took her to 3500 or 4000 I think it was but that was enough. Anyone who owns these Boss engines know this is the area that matters most.

How many people would be generous to organise that for a complete Stanger eh?

The next time I saw Wasp was coming up to two years ago while visiting Autotech. I had no idea there was another change of direction but I am so glad read this update.

Thanks for this Colville. This is one very serious toy now and as far as Gts go not only is it a legend but it's going to be iconic.
    Thanks Ian, it's always a pleasure.
    At the time David (KPM) took you for a ride in the WASP it was tuned at 340rwkw @ 7psi which was close to standard for the kit. At that point we hadn't really ventured much past that but I do remember being pretty pleased with how the car performed at the time. One could say it was somewhat comparable to your new BOSS 335 now.

To the best of my recollection it would have killed my 335 in the same part of the rev range. With four people on board there was a sensation of instant urge the amount the new engine doesn't have till further in the rev range.

Mine has 311rwkws and that is at 6000 ish. That the thing with these new engine they are still very much like the B series Boss. They still feel peaky. I do know what yours would have done past 4000 but it was way more impressive in the rev range we did sample.

In my Clipsal thread there is a video of JB driving the SC GT. If you excuse the commentary and notice the gear shift, you can see why F6s and the like can stay with the GT for most of the time. Its losing a lot of time in the shift and there doesn't appear to be anything you can do to make it more instant. JB was getting the same result I have and although I could be wrong to me it feels like the engine isn't giving full power straight after a shift. The higher in the rev range the worse it is. You car was just a blast in gear so I forget which gear it was. I might have mentioned it back on ford forums, I ma not sure but I thought it was third. I would need 1st or second to do the same thing with four people on board.
    The tuning of your car would be so far ahead in terms of drivability it wouldn't be funny would be my assessment. There was an intensity that is still not in the current cars, let alone where yours would be now.

I have driven a few 315 GS's and 335 GT's and I do know what you mean Ian. That torque reduction 'on gear' shift is there by design for three core reasons. One for traction, and two to reduce driveline shock and three for fuel economy. There are no doubt more than this also. All of those areas I have had to address in the WASP in order to achieve drivability at considerable time and expense.

The 1.9lt Harrop positive displacement pump on yours will deliver a significant about of instant throttle response like the 2.4ltr Whipple does. FPV's attempt to manage this instant torque has been nothing short of heavy handed, too much in my view but I'm also not liable for the warranty, delivering a 'fit-for -purpose' product to the market, or for buyer safety for that matter either. The F6 in contrast has required a much less conservative approach to tuning which has preserved to a much greater degree its true character and potential. That's the real beauty of this model to the honest.

Yours Ian as you know would be extremely easy to address this so called 'limitation' but you'll need to way up the benefits. Speaking of Yella Terra, they are developing a great range of Miami enhancement which should be hitting the market place soon.

Back on the WASP, it was producing approx. 700Nm back then at around 3500 rpm from memory, which is probably why it felt so different to what you have now from a seat of pants point of view.
    Last edited by WASP; 10th March 2012 at 04:12 PM.

I remember thinking and saying to the others that you could easily live with just drivability of the 4000rpm we sampled. It was in a different league, to me at least.

Great car, power to scare!
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Damn I spoke with Spiro just this morn I should have asked for an update on the Wasp.
    I might just take this car home myself its been an orphan long enough, about the only modern GT I would LOL......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

lol, its a pretty sorry sight I know Maurie. The blower kits is still in the hands of Matt at Yella Terra I believe having the changes made. Shouldn't be too much longer now.

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast