Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long term ownership review: SZ Ford Territory Titanium AWD

Excellent write up, (y).

The lag thing isn't limited to Territory, my Focus does it as well which also has a PSA diesel engine, and again is to do with mapping its not turbo lag. I hope you decide to get it remapped, I'm keen to see what one of these bad boys does, as you say the engine is built up from factory, chuck a better FMIC in it, do the exhaust and cram in as much air as the turbo can push and fuel the injectors and pump can supply

The Ford 6R80 is based off the ZF 6HP26 trans which is rated for 600NM, you'd push close to that or over it with mods + remap I reckon.

Territory is also quite easy to run wires through for electric brake setups or aftermarket wiring/accessories which is always nice, I've turned a few into Mica Paramedic vehicles.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (1st October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Excellent write up, (y).

The lag thing isn't limited to Territory, my Focus does it as well which also has a PSA diesel engine, and again is to do with mapping its not turbo lag. I hope you decide to get it remapped, I'm keen to see what one of these bad boys does, as you say the engine is built up from factory, chuck a better FMIC in it, do the exhaust and cram in as much air as the turbo can push and fuel the injectors and pump can supply

The Ford 6R80 is based off the ZF 6HP26 trans which is rated for 600NM, you'd push close to that or over it with mods + remap I reckon.

Territory is also quite easy to run wires through for electric brake setups or aftermarket wiring/accessories which is always nice, I've turned a few into Mica Paramedic vehicles.
    I've told wifey I'm going to get it done so now it is just a case of finding the time to do it at the same time the Crispmods dude is in Wait Awhile. It will be $1400 but worth it I think, she's worried about warranty but it isnt a simple flash tune from what I can gather.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    I've told wifey I'm going to get it done so now it is just a case of finding the time to do it at the same time the Crispmods dude is in Wait Awhile. It will be $1400 but worth it I think, she's worried about warranty but it isnt a simple flash tune from what I can gather.
    Just don't get it serviced by Ford because if they reflash the ECU for an update you'll lose your tune.

Great write up. They are a great car. I miss our Terry.

I have a mate just got his Deisel Terry tuned here in Melb to remove the lag. Worked a treat and improved fuel economy. Worth doing if you can find the right tuner.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd October 2014)

Nice write up. They're an awesome car. Sad that it wasn't made into a worldwide product because it had the makings to be a real success.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Current Ranger feels like it does it as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd October 2014)

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Glenn, Tim when you get a chance please.

Brilliant work Dave, as usual.
    Fantastic, honest, unbiased review of a vehicle.
    Good points, bad points noted & explained.
    Now can someone copy & paste this to "Dear Joshua".
    This is how a vehicle review should be done, not like the biased tripe, that spews out of his ignorant, unintelligent mind.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    What so that Joshua could add..."and this coming from a maker that is shutting down in 2 years" or "put pumped up shocks on the Commodore Sportswagon and it would do just as a good job" That guy is a waste of good bandwidth.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Great piccies as well RW - loving the fridge and outdoor chairs etc for the rellies LOL.........
    Why do you say she doesn't like the soft sand ? tyre pressure down a little I expect and she's AWD if my eyes see right it should do it no prob I expect.
    Just saying that taking the wife's Patriot on soft sand last summer I was impressed it did it easier than I expected, turn off abs,traction control plus its lower than the terri I was having a ball
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    What so that Joshua could add..."and this coming from a maker that is shutting down in 2 years" or "put pumped up shocks on the Commodore Sportswagon and it would do just as a good job" That guy is a waste of good bandwidth.
    That's a bit harsh, this is Australia's most noted "fictional" motoring writer, & prominent failure on a racetrack!!!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

Perko (2nd October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Great piccies as well RW - loving the fridge and outdoor chairs etc for the rellies LOL.........
    Why do you say she doesn't like the soft sand ? tyre pressure down a little I expect and she's AWD if my eyes see right it should do it no prob I expect.
    Just saying that taking the wife's Patriot on soft sand last summer I was impressed it did it easier than I expected, turn off abs,traction control plus its lower than the terri I was having a ball
    As I said, the 18/55 tyres don’t help at all in soft sand as they are semi-performance tyres designed for the road. Letting them down won’t do much.

If you chucked on some 17” steelies with an AT tyre then it would be different. But then, you’re going to be hobbled by the Territory’s low ground clearance (the transfer case and fuel tank hang down quite low). And the front undertray (you can see it in the garage shot) has this stupid lip on the bottom which acts as a grader blade when you’re driving along tracks. Then when you back out of a boggy section, the rear of that undertray scoops sand up and once it is in there, it has nowhere to go. The tray needs some holes in it for sand and water to get out.

And those f*cking table and chairs
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast