Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long term ownership review: SZ Ford Territory Titanium AWD

LOL the table and chairs - I can relate to this type of thing very much via my wife and inlaws, I can't believe what I'm having to do at times and I can imagine what a PIA having to trailor the garb hehe.....

Look I know what your saying re clearance - the Patriot has similar, obviously bottoms out, scoops up sand like a grader LOL at certain angles, took me weeks bloody hosing out sand from the undertray to every nook and cranny as you would know.
    Similar performance tyres on the Jeep as well but I tell you what dropping the pressure down by 15odd lb she gripped up great thats all I'm saying even though clearance overall is the main issue, I went a bit too rad (much to the wife's annoyance saying I'm wrecking her car !) flew over a few too many ruts pushed up the front bar, broke a few clips, rear exhaust hangers got pushed up a bit due to bogging her right in so the exhaust upon acceleration I could feel vibration.
    Yes she was right as always I wrecked her car hehe. Fixed it all up soon enough so thats why I said F it bought the Tonka.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Road_Warrior (2nd October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Nice write up. They're an awesome car. Sad that it wasn't made into a worldwide product because it had the makings to be a real success.

Current Ranger feels like it does it as well.
    Seems to be a common thing with Ford diesels, but at least its easily fixed by the aftermarket + it scores you a few extra torques when fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Seems to be a common thing with Ford diesels, but at least its easily fixed by the aftermarket + it scores you a few extra torques when fixed
    I don't hear that great things about Ford diesels. Apparently the next gen ones are meant to be out of this world.

Tell you what, fuel economy on that trip was up to shit as well. In the beginning I had that fucking trailer load of furniture valued at probably $100 total, but the way I had loaded the chairs they acted as a big air brake. The effect on the car was noticeable. Avg economy shot up to 11.3L/100klm.

After I dumped the furniture and left the trailer at the Mother in-law's house, economy was still shit because of all the overtaking of road trains and grey nomads who are just as big a pain in the arse in caravan parks as they are on the road. Some of these "drivers" if you can call them that shouldn't be on the road. That combined with head and crosswinds the Tez never really stood a chance of getting under 9.5L/100klm.

Plus I have a heavy right foot when I overtake. Take no prisoners, yo.

We only had one scare on the highway, when a road train decided to overtake a caravan and either didn't have enough distance, or the caravan driver sped up to block him. Either way, it forced us off the highway and made me very very angry.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd October 2014),FTe217 (2nd October 2014)

Yep...as soon as you jump on the Highway its time to play spot the moron......oh well as long as you keep below the speed limit all will be ok.

I'm still giggling RW sorry - but know exactly the scenario !!

Agree re overtaking nowadays, pedal to the metal, especially with family with you, can't afford being gentle when having them on board around the oncoming idiots !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

I don't hear that great things about Ford diesels. Apparently the next gen ones are meant to be out of this world.
    The current 2L engine in my Focus and the current Focus is held back by Delphi/Siemens injection system, I don't think they can manage much more than 120-130KW out of it, also notice how they increase power but torque stays roughly around the 340nm mark? DMF won't hold up to more.

Yep...as soon as you jump on the Highway its time to play spot the moron......oh well as long as you keep below the speed limit all will be ok.
    Aside from the aforementioned passing incident with the truck, I noticed some of these arseholes towing caravans and campers just pull out in front of you from roadside parking bays and just assume you can go around them. Completely ignorant of everyone else on the road. The other favourite was wandering all over the road, blocking your line of sight so you can't safely pass, dipping the nearside caravan wheel into the gravel shoulder spraying you with rocks, and clogging up the overtaking lanes as usual.

Plus I'd say that 80% of these morons don't drive with their headlights on.
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    I'm still giggling RW sorry - but know exactly the scenario !!
    I reckon the drag caused by that goddamn furniture cost me more in fuel than that shit was worth.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd October 2014),FTe217 (2nd October 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Aside from the aforementioned passing incident with the truck, I noticed some of these arseholes towing caravans and campers just pull out in front of you from roadside parking bays and just assume you can go around them. Completely ignorant of everyone else on the road. The other favourite was wandering all over the road, blocking your line of sight so you can't safely pass, dipping the nearside caravan wheel into the gravel shoulder spraying you with rocks, and clogging up the overtaking lanes as usual.

Plus I'd say that 80% of these morons don't drive with their headlights on.
    I got the same fuckin problem with horse owners with their Land Cruisers and horse float pulling out in front of you and slowly going up to 30km/h under the speed limit.

Caravanners and Horse owners have to be the two most inconsiderate groups on the road.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast