Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: oilís aint oilís ?.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    It was mainlube.
    And no my XR8 is virtually stock with the only mod’s being a full Herrod S/S exhaust and Unichip and K&N filter, so roughly around 230kw, and no I never use it for high rpm, it’s a cruiser/family car.
    Well you need to use the recommended oil for a stock engine, in good condition, used for every day use, i.e the oil the manufacturer, who knows your engine better than anyone recommends.

Don't be fooled into thinking oil used for high HP/High RPM motorsport use is better in every situation, in fact it almost always wont.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy xr8 View Post
    It was mainlube.
    And no my XR8 is virtually stock with the only mod’s being a full Herrod S/S exhaust and Unichip and K&N filter, so roughly around 230kw, and no I never use it for high rpm, it’s a cruiser/family car.
    Try Penrite, they are an Aussie Company, they also respond to emails for technical questions.
    They were very helpful regarding the zinc content in their oil, when I did the head & cam upgrade in my GT.

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Try Penrite, they are an Aussie Company, they also respond to emails for technical questions.
    They were very helpful regarding the zinc content in their oil, when I did the head & cam upgrade in my GT.
    Yes, it seems od that a company would respond to a question about the best oil for a stock 5.0w used for everyday use would cite oil use and results of a high performance turbo 4 as validation for their recommendation...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

I’m going to buy the 15w-40 that castrol has in 5.5 L as the little windsor takes 5.5 L to fill.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234