Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 1247

Thread: Day to day encounters thread

Think you've got it rough??

Background.

A staff member of mine joined us in 2013 as a Factory Laborer after immigrating to Australia from Afghanistan in 2012 to find a better life for his wife and 5 kids.

He came by himself to assess the opportunities before moving his whole family.

Since joining us he’s developed enormously as a staff member, he’s now our supervisor/foreman and we trust him with the task of overseeing our manufacturing facility.

He is one of our greatest assets. Competitive manufacturing in Australia is a difficult task that requires high levels of skill and efficiency, we couldn’t ask for a better employee.

Situation.

In 2017 he received devastating news that his sister was killed on her wedding day by an IED in Afghanistan, as you could imagine this was absolutely heart breaking for him, who felt powerless to do anything.

Since about 2014 he’s been trying to get his Wife and kids moved to Australia, in 2014 they fled Afghanistan to Pakistan to find a greater level of safety in await of their opportunity to reunite with their Husband/Father in Australia.

His attempts to date to move his family have been unanswered, still being processed by the Dept of Immigration, the delay for reasons we don’t understand (we can guess).

Last Saturday the 8th of June 2019 his 17-year-old son, an aspiring soccer player and A grade student, went with friends to a more dangerous area of Pakistan at the end of Ramadan to play soccer at a park.

Upon finishing the boys got into their van to return to home, a bomb had been placed under their van and was detonated killing his son and a friend instantly.

We are currently caring for him who as you can imagine is inconsolable, the 14 staff we employ here who are like family are also deeply impacted by his grief and loss.

We are desperate to help him get his remaining family out of Pakistan and to safety and are lobbying everyone who can be of influence to make this happen for him.

I can categorically say he's an outstanding member of the Australian community, he has assimilated extremely well, pays his taxes, observes, embraces and encourages unity and the “Australian way”.

He is an asset to not just this company but Australia.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th June 2019),Randel (12th June 2019)

a good bad story.
    Amazing what these type of people go through, agree.
    A close friend has experienced similar being a Iranian refugee putting her families life on the line through smugglers.
    Incredible, I wish I had some connection Gov wise to leverage for this family.
    Shocking re the son.
    Best wish's hope something good comes out for them very soon.

Reminds me why I keep telling mine they have no right to whinge about anything in their lives.
    No comparo.
    CL Champs 2019 for the 6th time
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Champions 2019

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th June 2019)

Fark sorry to hear that Norm. I think we all forget how well he have got it here. What the hell can you say to someone who has lost a child... absolutley fuck all.

Maurie - funny you say that re Iranian. I was in Adelaide a few weeks ago, and grabbed an Uber from Tea Tree Gully to the airport. Had a female driver from Iran.. bit of a drive to the airport, so she told me her story of getting here in a boat,sickness on the boat, people dying, time in one of the detention centres after arrival etc, losing her mum and not being able to go back.... Heartbreaking, yet she was the nicest person, so friendly and determined to succeed and do well as an Australian. She seemed so happy - She could see how well we have it here - we lose sight of that.

One of my staff members went to work in Africa as a volunteer helping in communities... he was away almost a year and i never forget him telling me:

“Was away for a year, and the first time he heard someone complain was a yankee sheila on the flight back into Australia”. He said everyone where he worked in Africa had nothing, and were just so grateful that someone came to try and help...

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th June 2019),FTe217 (13th June 2019)

I quoted the other day - our country is a pack whingers/and our kids are so precious its not funny.
    Buiness travel has taken me to some very opposite places compared to here and its makes me humble when flying home.
    We make more noise about political correctness/green this green that yet we have people dieing/poor/living off the ground/corrupt govs.
    The Iranian friend of ours, got to know her for her daughter went to school with ours and became good friends.
    OMG what that women went through (with 2 small daughters by her side) to flee her ordeals - when you look at her you think HTF did this person handle that. Death/threatened/rape/treated like a POS/imagine your having to look out for your daughters at the same time etcetcetc.....
    and my 14yr old daughter cries over us taking her mobile to get a grip on social media - shruggs shoulders.......

Keep us updated Norm, really hope this bloke gets what he deserves.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (13th June 2019),Perko (13th June 2019),Randel (13th June 2019)

Update,

Sent an email to the Federal member for the area who to his credit was very moved by the situation and has vowed to take this on for us.

The only down side is the elected member is from the ALP and going by his response there were "political" undertones in his reply.

I've asked for some bipartisan action on this as i don't want it to become a point scoring exercise for either party.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (13th June 2019),Perko (13th June 2019),Randel (13th June 2019)

Well happy Fathers Day for yesterday the Dads in here and those still fortunate having theirs around.
    Got to say I had a rippa one, went with my sister and brother to have brekky with our Dad 87yrs, we met in an area the parents took us when growing up and my sister kept it a surprise the bro and I being there, I know the ol bloke was chuffed for he loved those times bringing up his 3 kids where we used to fish and run amuck !
    Then I went to watch my no2 play his football and the wife had some of her fam at our place with her Dad 90yrs.
    Was a looooooooong day but wouldn't be dead for quids.......

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (8th September 2019),Randel (2nd September 2019)

Bloke from Adelaide dropped into the shop where my Falcon has been residing...A few phone calls later and a deposit was taken.

He is back home now, but flying up to give me cash next week and driving it back home.

I owe the chassis shop some money, but it has worked out for the best all round, he is getting an awesome Falcon and I am about to buy my first New car in 14yrs

Chapter closed... I feel numb but by finally learning how to do things myself I realised I am actually sick of spending money where the smiles never out weighed the actual expense it was costing me...
    Damn I might actually be getting old.

I won't be on forums for much longer either I'd reckon, so cheers blokes

It was great chatting with ya's...

Darren.
    Thank you Ford for the memories

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (8th September 2019),FTe217 (9th September 2019),Perko (9th September 2019),Randel (9th September 2019)

Quote Originally Posted by 13726548 View Post
    Bloke from Adelaide dropped into the shop where my Falcon has been residing...A few phone calls later and a deposit was taken.

He is back home now, but flying up to give me cash next week and driving it back home.

I owe the chassis shop some money, but it has worked out for the best all round, he is getting an awesome Falcon and I am about to buy my first New car in 14yrs

Chapter closed... I feel numb but by finally learning how to do things myself I realised I am actually sick of spending money where the smiles never out weighed the actual expense it was costing me...
    Damn I might actually be getting old.

I won't be on forums for much longer either I'd reckon, so cheers blokes

It was great chatting with ya's...

Darren.
    Sorry to see you go Daz.

I love your builds. I think your skills need to be applied to and older - Chrome bumper car. That way the money you pour in will always be able to be got back. Looking forward to that build

Take care out there
    The problem with society today, is that nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

13726548 (9th September 2019),defective (11th September 2019)

Congrats Daz, its finally found a buyer.
    Yes its a game changer but soon enough you'll know right choice.
    Mate you are finally growing up, at one time long ago I had 5 cars in varies forms and registered.
    Spent this and that on them - I liked it but in the end what for.
    In time I thought WTF am I doing and not driving them much if at all as well.
    It hurt to let go but haven't looked back since.
    Buy new, hardly mod, turn the key enjoy, clean admire far better outcome.
    Look forward pics of the new toy.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (9th September 2019)

It's been a journey, the bloke is like an excited kid ...

3 phone calls and multiple messages every day

I guess it is finally going to good home.

At least he won't have to deal with the issues I had with it , I found every weak link and improved them eventually !

I'm gonna miss this stupid thing
    Thank you Ford for the memories

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 13726548 For This Useful Post:

Perko (9th September 2019),Randel (10th September 2019)

Page 122 of 125 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124 ... LastLast