Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Day to day encounters thread

Had a good mate who fitted the FG manifold conv to his BF pop over just now...

He is now rocking a Honda Prelude 1990 model

*sigh* at least he seemed keen on my rear mount idea .... moving forward

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzlr View Post
    So can i help out or not ?

Dunno if i need a spare or not my goddam B-series is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo reliable
    I'm good mate, thanks all the same.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

13726548 (25th January 2016)

Those old pooludes are awesome old cars daz, I've had a few of them back home and they're just brilliant cars.
    Well made, nothing breaks on them unless abused or neglected, and go pretty well for what they are.

I'd daily the shizzle out of a nice clean manual one. Especially if someone had shoehorned the h22a vtec out of the later model ones into it for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

No wuckkas bro i got everything off Menace 1 all packaged up in my garage and i mean EVERYTHING !

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post
    Those old pooludes are awesome old cars daz, I've had a few of them back home and they're just brilliant cars.
    Well made, nothing breaks on them unless abused or neglected, and go pretty well for what they are.

I'd daily the shizzle out of a nice clean manual one. Especially if someone had shoehorned the h22a vtec out of the later model ones into it for me.
    Yep it's manual with a sunroof and all the electrics still work :O

Bloody 4 wheel steer as well...

Yep it's manual with a sunroof and all the electrics still work :O

Bloody 4 wheel steer as well...
    I forgot about the 4ws, always made you take a second look when you see the rear wheels sitting a few degrees off straight haha
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

No wuckkas bro i got everything off Menace 1 all packaged up in my garage and i mean EVERYTHING !
    I MAY (emphasis on may) be able to fix this myself without removing the column from the car, as the innards of the switch fell out into the shroud. And then when I tried to open the bonnet to disconnect the battery, the release lever broke. You couldn't make this shit up if you tried.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

13726548 (25th January 2016)

Back in 07' i posted every night elsewhere while on the grog.. makes for some interesting flashbacks, anyway i digress...

I advised Big-Al to disconnect his fans in the staging lanes then after one of his runs he broke the bonnet cable trying to reconnect them and cooked his engine on the drive home.

Who copped the flack over that one ya reckon ??

I just watched this documentary about Stanislav Petrov, who was in charge of the USSR's nuclear weapon detection facility that falsely detected multiple nuclear missile launches from the USA aimed at them in 1983 due to a freak occurance with their satellite picking up sunlight reflected off clouds into the satellite, it passed all 30 of the verification checks the computer made to confirm nuclear attack on USSR from the USA.

He is the one who made the decision not to inform chain of command due to not having visual confirmation, and subsequently potentially stopped the USSR from launching a nuclear counter attack on the USA.

Its called 'The Man Who Saved the World' and its worth a watch:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2277106/

It follows him across his home and trip across the USA on a bit of a tour, it also has a renactment/movie scene of the incident with some actors which is pretty tense.

Its amazing looking back into that period of time how tense everything was on the world stage and how out of control it all got.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

defective (26th January 2016)

Page 57 of 107 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast