Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: Day to day encounters thread

Colville, you shouldn't have, my weekend was good enough as it was but thank you for making it even better.

Hope you recover well.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Falc'man For This Useful Post:

WASP (22nd December 2014)

forgive me for making me feel "tops" Colville
    So you have paid dearly for going a little OTT on the beverage - I'm sure you would have already said that famous "I'll never do that again" phrase ?!
    Your description had me feel like I was watching a 3 Stooges episode done solo.
    I can picture it now - oh the pain.
    As Falc says hope your recovering well - I did whinge this morn at the office how damn busy my weekend was socially thats to me better half I should shut up LOL......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

WASP (22nd December 2014)

Was chillin' out riding shotgun in mates 1949 Bentley:

Push button start way back in 1949

Everything is made out of real wood, I like plastic to be honest, lol.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

defective (2nd January 2015),Falc'man (2nd January 2015),project 064 (2nd January 2015),TICK4D-TAS (3rd January 2015),WASP (2nd January 2015)

Wow, now there's a classic. Do you have any pictures of the outside?

A few weeks ago I was also enjoying a family friends classic ride. In my case it was 71 Lincoln Continental. Massive thing driven by a lazy 460 BB. I was interested to note that the dash also had real wood paneling where apparently the equivalent Cadillac at the time did not.

Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.
    Mustang enthusiast and current owner of a 1969 Mach 1 351 4V 4-barrel M-Code

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Burnout (2nd January 2015),Falc'man (2nd January 2015),Franco Cozzo (2nd January 2015),TICK4D-TAS (3rd January 2015)

You can see the gear lever between the door and pedals, odd setup.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

TICK4D-TAS (3rd January 2015),WASP (2nd January 2015)

Man lincoln could make nice cars back in the day.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (2nd January 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    You can see the gear lever between the door and pedals, odd setup.
    Now that's an interesting place for a gear lever! You would have to be careful not to kick it as you got in. The rest of the car looks very original and untouched. It would make a excellent restoration project, but wouldn't be an easy task.
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

Car is 100% original, though it needs a new windscreen as its cracked on the passenger side.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

WASP (3rd January 2015)

Been along day already and its only 8 am. We live near to Fires in South Australia so have been up all night watching the CFS reports and preparing for evacuation if necessary. Lots of smoke in the air and the hills are glowing. Can't help but think of the firefighters in these perfect bushfire conditions and all of animals and homes already lost. Fingers crossed it ends soon.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

Elks (3rd January 2015),Franco Cozzo (3rd January 2015),Road_Warrior (4th January 2015)

No good at all Colville, stay safe..
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Elks (3rd January 2015),Franco Cozzo (3rd January 2015),TICK4D-TAS (3rd January 2015),WASP (3rd January 2015)

Page 7 of 114 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast