Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast

Thread: Day to day encounters thread

Wow, that damage is amazing.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (20th April 2017)

joys of low profile tyres
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Randel (20th April 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    joys of low profile tyres
    Also a bi product of the change in rim design with the spokes being face mounted and the majority of the rim effectively an unsupported "drum"
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Randel (20th April 2017),TS50 (20th April 2017)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Also a bi product of the change in rim design with the spokes being face mounted and the majority of the rim effectively an unsupported "drum"
    and bigger wider rims
    all part of the cause
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Absolutely, we would see a cracked or buckled inner bead/lip every month due to this. All the support on the outer face/bead area.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

4Vman (20th April 2017)

It happens, such is life.
    For the thousands/millions out there shit got to happen.
    No matter how stringent the OE's are things are going to give.
    Keeps small business IN business eh Randel lol......
    I'll take low profile - rim designs of today whatever compared to steel rims, I do miss the Aunger kidney shape mag mind you haha, cross plys, Goodyear NCT non cornering tyres, Goodrich TA's aquaplaning after just hosing the driveway lol.....

To date - with the countless huge rims I have used over 10-15yrs, long ago did use some questionable crappy tyres for a stage but never again and driving 10tenths I've never had a massive buckle/rim crack or deflated tyre incl country trips.
    Lucky yes, preventative driving yes, lucky yes, never even had a flat, yet someone always cops it.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (20th April 2017)

Talking

Interesting one today

Had a young mum in with a new X3.

She came back to pick up her car, straps bubby in the seat. Goes around the back and puts the pram etc away and leaves her bag in the back of car by accident. Shuts the tailgate, goes to get in drivers door - car is locked. Car has locked itself.

Fark! She makes a call to hubby - cant get here. Ring the RAC, 90 minute wait times. Kid starts screaming, mum is panicking. She is asking us to smash a window! 26 degrees and Sunny, so car would be getting hot inside

Had one of the boys ring BMW and ask for any ideas as to why car locked itself with proximity key inside. No idea and no suggestions - they say best option to smash a window.

I picked the drivers window, as it was furthest from the kid and less chance of covering him in glass. Smash the window, lean in and grab the handle - door still wont unlock - lean in to the 'unlock' button in centre console stack - still no luck.

Look at mum, she is half my size (lol - maybe quarter my size), so send her in through the window , after putting a seat cover over the smashed glass. Tell her to climb through to bubby and pass him out to my wife, who looks after little one. She then has to lay seats down to get through to her bag, grabs remote and car unlocks!!

Technology is great when it works, but fucking shits me sometimes - they try to be too smart!

Anyhow, grabbed the shop vac and cleaned the glass out of the car as best I could, calmed her down and off she went.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

Burnout (25th April 2017),FTe217 (24th April 2017),Road_Warrior (25th April 2017)

Agree, that is so typical of todays tech - illogical comes to mind.
    What an experience mind you for a Mum and kid, I can imagine.
    Bet you Dad will stick it up Bimmer once he gets a quote for the window replacement !
    RAC 90mins - is that another reason for Wait A While
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Randel (24th April 2017)

Yep, bloody wait awhile 😄😄😄

Yeah, I was thinkin about trying to pick the lock down the window with a coathanger, or pry the door open a bit to try and get packing tape in etc, but I am sure these cars are not easy to break into. And i would probably scratch the car and do more damage..

And time was an issue... yep, hate to think what the window would cost...

Walk back inside afterwards and Stu says 'could have been worse, could have been a dog in the car'

Lol - he is my age with no wife and no kids and obviously not a fan of kids.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Randel For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (25th April 2017)

Had to go down to yatala today to drop off some rims to a buyer, meet up at bp there.
    Now anyone in the area knows it's a popular spot for car clubs to meet up for cruises etc.
    well today was no exception. Must have 25-30 Supercars there. So much drool lol.
    After we did the deal I thought since I'm in the area I'd get a pic in front of djr, since us qlders are a bit far to get the obligatory ford factory pics.

The old van is slow and doesn't handle but jeez I love the old girl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

13726548 (1st May 2017),4Vman (30th April 2017),prydey (30th April 2017),Trevor (1st May 2017),TS50 (30th April 2017)

Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105 ... LastLast