Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aust Spec Mondeo (Updated with engine details)

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    So you have seen both in real life?
    No? Only the fgx. I've also seen a '72 combi van, and a black and brown tabby cat. Oh, and a HB pencil, sharpened.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WKD60 For This Useful Post:

defective (21st November 2014),Franco Cozzo (21st November 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    So you have seen both in real life?
    Lol, I love it when people trot out this line....

Fgx fans would have us believe it morphs into a different beast in real life....

Like I said on aff, I've never seen Jen Hawkins or gina rinehart in real life. Still pretty damn sure which one is more attractive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (21st November 2014),WKD60 (21st November 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post

Fgx fans would have us believe it morphs into a different beast in real life....

Like I said on aff, I've never seen Jen Hawkins or gina rinehart in real life. Still pretty damn sure which one is more attractive.
    I must disagree with you - Jen looks better.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Falc'man For This Useful Post:

defective (21st November 2014),Franco Cozzo (21st November 2014),prydey (9th December 2014),Randel (24th November 2014),Red F6310 (22nd November 2014),WKD60 (21st November 2014)

Looks fantastic, especially in white.

Quote Originally Posted by defective View Post

I've seen cars that looks great in a picture and then look retarded in real life and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    Looks fantastic, especially in white.
    I was going to say who Gina Rhineheart?

Then I realised it was me who I'm quoting as I changed my avatar and didn't recognise myself

Is there any talk of an ST version of the Mondeo such as the XR5 we had once upon a time?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (24th November 2014)

2015 Ford Mondeo specifications and engine details revealed

by Tim Beissmann
    New Cars Editor

Ford Australia has released detailed specifications of the new 2015 Ford Mondeo, which will become the most technologically advanced model in its local showrooms when it arrives in February.

The 2015 Mondeo will be available with three 2.0-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engines, including low- and high-output versions of an EcoBoost petrol motor and a single tune of a TDCi diesel.

The low-output petrol engine produces 149kW of power and 345Nm of torque, while the high-output unit is bumped up to 177kW (torque remains 345Nm). The diesel puts out 132kW and 400Nm.

All three compare favourably with the outgoing Mondeo’s engine range, which includes a 118kW/208Nm 2.3-litre petrol, a 149kW/300Nm 2.0-litre turbo petrol, and a 120kW/340Nm diesel.

Entry-level Mondeo Ambiente variants (hatch and wagon) get the 149kW petrol engine while the mid-level Trend and high-grade Titanium (both hatch only) get the 177kW tune. All come standard with a six-speed automatic transmission, while combined cycle fuel consumption ranges from 8.2 to 8.5 litres per 100 kilometres depending on spec and body style.

The Ford Mondeo diesel will be one of the most fuel efficient cars in Australia’s medium segment, boasting a fuel consumption rating of 5.1-5.3L/100km – undercutting the Mazda 6 diesel (5.4L/100km) and even the petrol-electric Toyota Camry Hybrid (5.2L/100km).

The diesel engine will be offered in all three trim grades in both hatch and wagon body styles. It’s paired with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.

Ford has also announced detailed equipment lists for each variant. See our model-by-model breakdown below for the latest information.

The company says pricing details will be announced closer to the car’s local launch, though it’s expected to largely mirror the positioning of the outgoing model, which costs between $31,490 and $48,490.

The Mondeo will become Ford Australia’s flagship passenger model following the demise of the Falcon in October 2016. It will straddle the medium/large segments and will not be supplemented by the likes of the US-market Taurus.

2015 Ford Mondeo key features model by model:

Ford Mondeo Ambiente
    16-inch alloy wheels
    Fog lights
    Front and rear parking sensors
    Electronic park brake
    Cruise control
    Dual-zone climate control
    Leather steering wheel and gearshifter
    Paddleshifters
    Cloth upholstery
    SYNC 2 infotainment system with satellite navigation and digital radio
    8.0-inch high-resolution touchscreen
    Bluetooth connectivity and USB, RCA and SD card inputs
    Inflatable rear seatbelts
    MyKey system

Ford Mondeo Trend (gains over Ambiente):
    17-inch alloy wheels
    Dual exhausts
    Puddle lamps
    Auto folding mirrors
    Keyless entry
    Adaptive cruise control
    Auto dimming rear-view mirror
    Push-button start
    10-way power front seats with heaters (driver’s seat with memory)
    Auto headlights and high beam
    Rain-sensing wipers
    Part-leather upholstery
    Reverse-view camera
    Active city stop braking

Ford Mondeo Titanium (gains over Trend):
    18-inch alloy wheels
    Sports body kit
    Power tailgate (wagon only)
    Adaptive suspension
    Adaptive LED headlights
    LED daytime running lights
    Panoramic glass roof (fixed on hatch, power operated on wagon)
    Driver’s side electrochromatic mirror
    Leather sports seats with rear heaters
    Multi-colour ambient lighting
    Scuff plates
    Power reach/rake steering column
    Aluminium pedal covers
    Blind spot detection
    Enhanced active park assist
    Lane keeping aid and assist
    Lane departure warning
    Driver impairment monitor

Read more at http://www.caradvice.com.au/323450/2...WbD48iODDol.99

Is 400Nm good in this day and age for a diesel of this size? Where's Damo? I'm sure that's a decent figure. I drove one of those VW wagons with 340Nm ages ago and it too had the dual clutch box. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the torque was impressive. Torque steer will be an issue for those frightened of the steering wheel shaking a bit, heart breaking stuff.

Considering the weight of the Mondeo this equates to almost BA XR6T torque levels. Half the power although with a superior box, but alas, where can you speed these days, it pisses me off enough I need to slow down to 80 in school zones.

That wagon doesn't look bad at all. I think I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Is 400Nm good in this day and age for a diesel of this size? Where's Damo? I'm sure that's a decent figure. I drove one of those VW wagons with 340Nm ages ago and it too had the dual clutch box. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the torque was impressive. Torque steer will be an issue for those frightened of the steering wheel shaking a bit, heart breaking stuff.

Considering the weight of the Mondeo this equates to almost BA XR6T torque levels. Half the power although with a superior box, but alas, where can you speed these days, it pisses me off enough I need to slow down to 80 in school zones.

That wagon doesn't look bad at all. I think I like it.
    I'm assuming they're running with the same 2L PSA diesel engine my Focus has still, I believe they switched over to Bosch injection and management system with a smaller turbo for the Mondeo a little while back in the UK rather than the crappy Siemens stuff my one runs as the injection system is the limitation on these engines, which is why the LW TDCI Focus only had a smallish increase in power and no more torque over the LV.

I think 400NM isn't bad but BMW takes the cake for 4/6 cylinder Euro diesel engines 150KW/400NM out of their 2L diesel engine and Kia/Hyundai are both up there with 145KW/436NM from 2.2L. Forget about Honda with their limp wristed 1.6L diesel engine in the Civic, and the i30 diesel isn't much better.

The best thing about diesel cars is at part throttle and low revs it feels like the car is much faster/more powerful than it actually is, its nice having your peak torque at 2000 RPM in a daily driver.
    Last edited by Franco Cozzo; 8th December 2014 at 11:06 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (9th December 2014)

Why is this car better looking in pictures now than it used to be?
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast