Thread: 2015 Focus

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    What is different about it...?
    Interior and engines

This is the old interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Interior and engines

This is the old interior.
    Didn't think current model came with sync 2?

Validated User
    Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Didn't think current model came with sync 2?
    Not in our market it doesn't, but it does in others (you can tell thats the current one by the steering wheel buttons etc).
    2017 FORD PXII WILDTRAK 4X4 (waiting patiently for Raptor).
    2016 FORD FGX XR6 SPRINT LE TURBO 325
    2016 FORD LZ FOCUS SPORT

I think it looks good, the interior looks ok, I reckon it's a good design. Not sure Mazda 3 is that much better. Vw golf has a better look to it then mazda I think. As for the plush interior I would say everything is available but at a cost n maybe this is why it doesn't come with a leather/velvet wrapped dash etc, Bit much if ask me. But hey how much bloody comfort do u need in a car, it's not like your going to sit there n pat or stroke it.

The Mazda 3 is the better car than the current Focus, it has better engines across the board and 6sp manual rather than a 5sp, but there is no MPS variant yet to compete with the ST. They do have a twin turbo diesel engine though with over 400nm of torque, but its too expensive, its around $45K.

What I don't like about the Mazda 3 is the info screen, it looks like they've stuck a 7" tablet on top of the dash with double sided tape (LHD car for example):

I'd prefer that stuff integrated into the dash rather than just sticking up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Damo View Post
    The Mazda 3 is the better car than the current Focus, it has better engines across the board and 6sp manual rather than a 5sp, but there is no MPS variant yet to compete with the ST. They do have a twin turbo diesel engine though with over 400nm of torque, but its too expensive, its around $45K.
    I think the Golf is still the gold standard though. It is so far in front of the Focus it's not funny.
    I'm in love with my car. Got a feel for my automobile.

What I don't like about the Mazda 3 is the info screen, it looks like they've stuck a 7" tablet on top of the dash with double sided tape (LHD car for example):
    They did in the new C series mercs and people wank over it. Looks tacky.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (11th December 2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Paxton View Post
    I think the Golf is still the gold standard though. It is so far in front of the Focus it's not funny.
    VW does bangin' stereos and high quality interiors.

Driven by BOOST
    VW does bangin' stereos and high quality interiors.
    They need that though for when your broken down on the side of the road waiting for a towtruck...

My mother inlaw has a new golf and i dont really rate it at all. Its quite a bland boring clinical thing with no real flare... typical VW they say.

My wife and i cant complain about the 2010 SP25 manual mazda we bought new as a daily driver, its just ticked over 130000kms with not 1 issue or anything during the warrenty period and still nothing after a year out of warrenty.

Like all my cars its been lowered etc from a few days after we bought it brand new.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Red F6310 For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (12th December 2014),imike1 (27th September 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Red F6310 View Post
    They need that though for when your broken down on the side of the road waiting for a towtruck...

My mother inlaw has a new golf and i dont really rate it at all. Its quite a bland boring clinical thing with no real flare... typical VW they say.

My wife and i cant complain about the 2010 SP25 manual mazda we bought new as a daily driver, its just ticked over 130000kms with not 1 issue or anything during the warrenty period and still nothing after a year out of warrenty.

Like all my cars its been lowered etc from a few days after we bought it brand new.
    I'm a bit of a Mazda fanboy, old man's 323 has just been taken off the road for some work after 395,000km, never left us on the side of the road once.

They know how to do reliable cars, thats for sure.

I thought I'd give it a bit of a birthday.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast