Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Xfalconstein

Quote Originally Posted by Donut King View Post
    So finally ready to drop the engine in. Went to change the left hand engine mount bracket and turns out that the rear bolt has been broken off in the block. Worse than that is that someone has had a go at getting it out previously and drilled a hole that is more block than it is bolt. Not sure wtf to do now.
    Aieee that's a pickle.

Can you get by without that bolt?
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Well the right hand side only had 1 bolt in it too, i am thinking though that the engineer would knock back the mod plate though. Maybe an excuse for an r302 block and stroker kit time to rob a bank lol

Broke an ezy out off in a new hole I managed to get started. Time to quit while I am way way behind!

Oh, I was going to suggest trying an ezy out to start a new thread - yep good idea, back off get someone else to get it done, well worth not going through the frustration and lots of your time.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

i would be inclined to take that problem to a pro to fix ?

Been here before when I actually built cars, welded a bolt to what was left of the broken thread and simply screwed the remaining thread out. The heat from the welding loosens the broken thread making screwing it out easy. Did help having a dad that was a fitter always had a solution and was good with a mig and oxy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FPV+fteT3 For This Useful Post:

Lynton (14th June 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by FPV+fteT3 View Post
    Been here before when I actually built cars, welded a bolt to what was left of the broken thread and simply screwed the remaining thread out. The heat from the welding loosens the broken thread making screwing it out easy. Did help having a dad that was a fitter always had a solution and was good with a mig and oxy
    Sounds like a decent plan, hope you get this sorted out without too much drama.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

No go with welding a nut to it, time to find a machinist to drill, fill and retap a hole it seems.

Have you had any luck? My old xr8 busted one off. But it came out with an easy out. I was told ages ago that they break due to the engine mount not sitting flush with the block. It has a slight twist to it.

On another note, my mate has just fitted up a P250 250kw and TR3650 to his XF sedan. Just getting the last few things sorted for rego. I will try and get some photos of it. It's going to be a nice sleeper.

Got someone lined up who thinks they can do the job, just need to get the engine to them. To do that I need to organise a hour or two off work and a ute to cart it in, probably next week or so.

What did your mate do for extractors, I am expecting the ones on my engine to run right through where the steering box is, and did he clearance the LH tower for the air con compressor or delete the aircon?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast