Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Playing with a diesel Focus :)

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    What mods were there from the first to the second sheet?
    http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1047140

As far as I know its just tuning/DPF + SCR delete?

I've been following a lot of BMW diesel tuning and same with the big three companies and their diesels in the USA.

Its a bit of a problem here with local knowledge, all your tuners seem to know older Jap diesels like ye olde 4.2L and the 3L boat anchor in Nissan Patrol, the Toyota stuff and Mitsubishi etc, but Euro diesels the knowledge is thin on the ground and same for the bigger American stuff.

New smaller water/methanol nozzles have arrived, just gotta get the car back into them to have the tune touched up for water/methanol injection.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Perko (13th January 2015)

Final tune has been finished, originally we had 89KW at the front wheels (I thought it was 98KW but there you go), then to 117KW with the tune and finally we now have 123KW at the fronts:

117KW to 123KW is gain from water/methanol injection kit.

Unfortunately the ECU is now the limiting factor, if they try get more fuel, they can't do it at a specific point it gives them more fuel across the whole range, so from idle to limiter, they tried increasing rail pressure but then it pulls back injectors. They did get one tune with 130KW/wheels but it was very smokey and for some reason had nothing under 4000 RPM.

I can't go more on the water/methanol sizing as it goes to stall the engine with the next size up nozzle.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Falc'man (14th February 2015)

30kw increase in a small car is a big increase. Must feel heaps stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (13th February 2015)

Its a hell of a lot more torquey, torque limiter has been increased by 20% on the first three gears so its still a bit doughy off the line as it holds it back big time in 1st, less so in 2nd and 3rd but from 4th onwards I've got everything it can give.

A conservative guess would be I'm around 400nm at the front tyres apparently according to my tuner.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

defective (13th February 2015)

Doesn't look more torquey. You've lost some 25kw down low.
    Looks like a honda tune.

But as long as you're happy

Yeah it is down a bit until its spooled up, Its not bad, you've gotta spool it up a bit if you want to keep it moving quickly but if you just punch it in 6th it won't do too much but once its picked up its good, feels really strong as in push you into your seat.

I'm guessing that's because of the bigger compressor wheel in the new turbo moving everything up the range.

Before with factory tune it would struggle after 3000RPM now it seems to pull hard up to 4000RPM, I'm guessing that is what we are seeing on the graph where it crosses the red line and goes up.

One thing in a bit concerned about at the moment is I'm rollin coal with the best of them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12