Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Asian Cup held in OZ

2015 Asian Cup held in OZ

Well following on from the constant flow of Football after the World Cup in Brazil, euro football seasons are near on halfway through plus the ever growing local A-League started up before the summer we are hosting for the 1st time the Asian Cup starting in 2days time.

Obviously some of you know our Socceroos are going through a major rebuilding stage after many/most of the Golden Generation as known have retired barring Cahill and Bresciano on their last legs.......
    This has been a very painful process that the 2 previous OS assigned coachs criteria was to qualify for the past WCups, these 2 coachs neglected alot of the local A-League up and comers so now with new aussie coach Ange he has cast the broom blooding in many newbies since Brazil.
    I'm worried for we are coming up against some real power house's compared to us - Japan, have built up very well and have a sound known squad - favourites to take this tournament out.
    Both Korean teams are strong.
    The middle east teams always seem to give us a run for our money so the pressure is on for our boys especially having home advantage as well.
    This is a make or break scenario for a few players but more so Postecoglou - in this fickle modern world the coach is on the chopping block not meeting expectations.
    16 countries there can only be 1 winner http://www.afcasiancup.com/
    I really hope we perform better than expected - especially winning over more fickle aussie supporters to the real football LOL.........

Group A
    Position P W L D F A +/- Pts
    Australia
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Korea Republic
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Kuwait
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Oman
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Group B
    China PR
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Korea DPR
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Saudi Arabia
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Uzbekistan
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Group C
    Bahrain
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Iran
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Qatar
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    UAE
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Group D
    Iraq
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Japan
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Jordan
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Palestine
    0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Been AWOL on hols the last weeks but keeping my eye on this tournament.
    Great crowds around Canberra Newcastle games and obviously AAMI ANZ and Lang park sell outs.
    We've finished 2nd in the Grp behind Korea - not too bad considering we were a "wreck" having to rebuild the squad.
    We now have to play China in the 1st Qrtr probably followed by Japan in the semi which will be the biggest test full stop.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Been awol last week again - were in the FINAL wooohooooooooooooooooSaturday night v's Korea.
    Sell out typically - been trying to get tickets last hour no good
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

some these games have been very good, have really enjoyed watching these games
    cant ait till say night
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (29th January 2015)

Sadly I have missed seeing any game since a week ago but bonus last being the Final and were in it !
    Wife has already been planning a bbq night at home with any friends wishing to come over to barrack the team on.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

I have watched prod 75% of the games, inc all of the Australian games
    acting hasn't ben as prevalent as the world cup
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    acting hasn't ben as prevalent as the world cup
    Probably because the umpiring hasn't allowed it. I've seen a couple of games and its been good tough soccer. Personally this has been better then the world cup because they have removed the pansy factor from the game.

Football meat pies kangaroos and folden cars LOL......ffs get over it, I can understand the issue at hand BUT this game is played by so many countries with varying emotions/cultures its hard for skippys to comprehend
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    Football meat pies kangaroos and folden cars LOL......ffs get over it, I can understand the issue at hand BUT this game is played by so many countries with varying emotions/cultures its hard for skippys to comprehend
    If you watch the old matches from the 90's (I actually liked the game back then) you'll see the problem in the first 15 minutes.

90's 80's 70's we more so watched on tv the English game, ala now EPL, typically English game was physical what we grew up with I agree, cable and $$$$ brought into the box many to see the first time SerieA LaLiga etcetc, the Latinos and sth Americas are the biggest actors been like that for yonks, then followed by the euro nations Italians Greeks etcetc - money has brought in this factor for they are spoilt brats - just as the prima over paid donnas here in our aussie games nowadays, compare your gayfl pre 00 to the modern game just as nrl etc. Pale to what they once were.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

VZTRT (30th January 2015)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast