Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mondeo : Same bum , different seat.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Are they though??

For the past few years the majority of Falcon sales have been performance based, i.e GT/XR.

I don't see Ford offering anything to replace that yet.

Mondeo is about getting people who shop predominantly as transport to consider the brand.

Mustang to a different demographic too.
    Agreed,
    in the absence of a direct replacement i think Ford does have hopes that Mondeo will pick up old falcon sales.
    I think some will come back as you say, for transport, but in the vacuum of a four door performance variant,
    i think they will struggle to attract new business.
    Its a strange concept, that even tho they may not sell a lot of performance Mondeos,
    it does give the helo effect for the lesser models?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestuff1 View Post
    Agreed,
    in the absence of a direct replacement i think Ford does have hopes that Mondeo will pick up old falcon sales.
    I think some will come back as you say, for transport, but in the vacuum of a four door performance variant,
    i think they will struggle to attract new business.
    Its a strange concept, that even tho they may not sell a lot of performance Mondeos,
    it does give the helo effect for the lesser models?
    If we exclude the past 18 months of sales, Falcon performance variants (FPV/XR) have accounted for conservatively 1000 sales a month.

There's a lot of potential business there for Ford outside of the current Mondeo range to chase down the track.

An AWD Performance Mondeo in both sedan and wagon would fit that hole quite nicely.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Thoughts Gentlemen?

My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Bluestuff1 (6th March 2015),FTe217 (7th March 2015),Lynton (6th March 2015),WASP (6th March 2015)

If we exclude the past 18 months of sales, Falcon performance variants (FPV/XR) have accounted for conservatively 1000 sales a month.

There's a lot of potential business there for Ford outside of the current Mondeo range to chase down the track.

An AWD Performance Mondeo in both sedan and wagon would fit that hole quite nicely.
    My wish list for a daily driver is 1/ Mondeo Estate, 2/ red , 3/, Awd , 4/ 200kw+. 5/ something with some snap crackle and pop.

In answer to the unasked question : would i actually buy one ?
    reply: if my financial position was a bit more liquid, yes id have one tomorrow,
    If i got a phone call today to say there was such a beast, i would struggle to deny my desire to get down and sign it off !!

Thoughts Gentlemen?

I like but would rather white instead of red and with OEM machine finish alloy wheels.

3.5L Ecoboost V6, 6sp manual, AWD

Nah 2.3L Ecoboost, 6sp manual and FWD would do me fine, but maybe would they consider an RS variant with AWD and the Ecoboost 3.5 or the 2.7?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Franco Cozzo For This Useful Post:

Bluestuff1 (6th March 2015)

Norm that ST looks bloody good but......

Blue driving around Bris today i came up near a burgandy or their red current mazda 6 wagon - i really dont notice the smiley face as previous model but wish to say it looked very good imo.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Thoughts Gentlemen?

[Itp://content.worldcarfans.co/2014/10/6/big/1607065074632687189.jpg[/IMG]
    That is awesome.
    Like damo, 3.5 eb manual and awd and it would be 'hurry up and take my money'
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Bluestuff1 (6th March 2015),Franco Cozzo (6th March 2015)

The ST Mondeo looks great.

Would not buy one though unless there was no other option in the market.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    The ST Mondeo looks great.

Would not buy one though unless there was no other option in the market.
    Could you see your self in that market segment tho..?
    I am, or at least will be some time in the next year or more, so I'm looking in the context that i want
    it to be, a ford, midsize, and "agile "

While there is a falcon available I wouldn't buy a Mondeo, but after falcon there would be no other choice. I'm all ford regardless of what else is on the market. Take VF for example. There is not one thing that car does that would have me prefer it over falcon. Even my fg! I don't care if every review says it's better. Better for who I ask? I'll always buy ford. All I need is a car that will comfortably carry around 4 people, including long distance with reasonable economy and ample power. Personally I feel Mondeo ticks those boxes. Truth be told, being a 5 door rather than a 4 door it's probably even more versatile.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

Bluestuff1 (7th March 2015)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast