Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mondeo : Same bum , different seat.

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    While there is a falcon available I wouldn't buy a Mondeo, but after falcon there would be no other choice. I'm all ford regardless of what else is on the market. Take VF for example. There is not one thing that car does that would have me prefer it over falcon. Even my fg! I don't care if every review says it's better. Better for who I ask? I'll always buy ford. All I need is a car that will comfortably carry around 4 people, including long distance with reasonable economy and ample power. Personally I feel Mondeo ticks those boxes. Truth be told, being a 5 door rather than a 4 door it's probably even more versatile.
    Agreed, i will almost always buy a Ford, therefor a Mondeo will always be in that list.
    I have a Falcon so i don't need another big car, or another muscle car, yet i would always secretly hanker for a go faster Mondi compared to whats currently available.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    If we exclude the past 18 months of sales, Falcon performance variants (FPV/XR) have accounted for conservatively 1000 sales a month.
    The NA XR has been king now and prior to that from about BFII. Also remember a fair few Turbo has been going to the police.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    The NA XR has been king now and prior to that from about BFII. Also remember a fair few Turbo has been going to the police.
    The challenge, or should i say opportunity now for Ford moving forward is how to regain or hold onto those 1000ish sales.

It's a hole in the range that presents opportunities for Ford.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    The challenge, or should i say opportunity now for Ford moving forward is how to regain or hold onto those 1000ish sales.

It's a hole in the range that presents opportunities for Ford.
    Its one that won't be filled with the Mondeo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VZTRT For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th March 2015)

Question

The Mondi will do ok for those who want transport, but not those who have a boat or caravan or what ever, to tow.
    Nor may be long distance drivers perhaps.
    Urban drivers will like a Mondi, but rural will still yearn for some thing bigger with out going to a Ranger/Hilux ?
    Mondi RS/ST will fill another hole, but would a Taurus by any other name , do the numbers to make it viable to fill the void of Falcon ?
    The rumours remain on this option in 2017 , any one like to put a % ? on this ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestuff1 View Post
    The Mondi will do ok for those who want transport, but not those who have a boat or caravan or what ever, to tow.
    Nor may be long distance drivers perhaps.
    Urban drivers will like a Mondi, but rural will still yearn for some thing bigger with out going to a Ranger/Hilux ?
    turbo diesel has 1600kg tow capacity so should be ok to tow most things that you would normally tow in a falcon.

as for driving, i don't see why mondeo wouldn't get the job done for many falcon owners. i drove a focus from sydney to adelaide and was rather impressed with how it handled. people criticise the weights of some cars, but i think the focus (and most fords) being at the heavier end of their segments, actually helps with the on road feel. i would imagine a mondeo would feel even more secure than a focus.

i wouldn't think of those who bought NA XR's as 'performance' buyers either. it was basically the base model, and often it was the cheapest model.

turbo diesel has 1600kg tow capacity so should be ok to tow most things that you would normally tow in a falcon.

as for driving, i don't see why mondeo wouldn't get the job done for many falcon owners. i drove a focus from sydney to adelaide and was rather impressed with how it handled. people criticise the weights of some cars, but i think the focus (and most fords) being at the heavier end of their segments, actually helps with the on road feel. i would imagine a mondeo would feel even more secure than a focus.

i wouldn't think of those who bought NA XR's as 'performance' buyers either. it was basically the base model, and often it was the cheapest model.
    My Mondi has a tow bar on it saying 2000kg !
    no way on earth would even attempt to tow 2 tonne of any thing.
    It would NEVER get out of low gears, it just cant grunt enough to feel confident in 1/2 that ?

Agree, which is why there are so many people waiting to see what Ford do.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestuff1 View Post
    My Mondi has a tow bar on it saying 2000kg !
    no way on earth would even attempt to tow 2 tonne of any thing.
    It would NEVER get out of low gears, it just cant grunt enough to feel confident in 1/2 that ?
    to be fair, a NA 6cyl falcon would struggle the same.

to be fair, a NA 6cyl falcon would struggle the same.
    Rubbish, i towed a 2 tonne Ski boat for many years with an EF then AU Wagon, thing overtook other cars @ 120kph with absolute ease, never had the slightest issue sitting on the speed limit either.

Pulled boats up ramps without issues and backed my boat up a steep driveways into my garage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast