Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ED Falcon Two Door Coversion

Just Arrived

ED Falcon Two Door Coversion

P1010088.jpgP1010076.jpg

This is one I am hoping to covert over the next few months, its my old ED Sedan After the transmission went on it last year I was stuck wondering what I was going to do with it. Busted transmission aside the rest of its pretty solid, a few tiny dents on the duco but no accident damage and no rust either. In short its the perfect candidate for what I want to do. Four door sedans are a dime a dozen so I though I would have a go at converting it into a coupe for something different. I picked up an extra set of doors the other week. Once I have a second pair of front doors I will begin the conversion. The front doors shown will be cut vertically towards the rear. The second set of front doors I get will be cut vertically towards the front. I am looking to extend the doors an extra ten inches. The doors on the car will remain on it until such a time that the lengthened doors are ready to be fitted. I intend to keep the original doors intact so that I can sell them on. My other reason for keeping the doors on the car is because the car is sitting outside and I do not want the insides exposed to the elements. The rear doors I picked up will be shortened accordingly and welded into the cavity where the original rear doors are currently still attached. I will not be touching anything on the car its self unless I am satisfied that the lengthened doors I have created are actually correct and are going to work. To make sure I get the doors right I will be building a jig to keep them in alignment. Next step will be to get the second set of front doors and shorten the spare set of rear doors.
    Last edited by Rob71; 8th March 2015 at 04:41 PM.

Seen Sony scorcher?
    Exact same idea.
    Was heaps of info in street machine at the time when they got it build.

It's one falcon shape that really suits two doors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Good luck mate.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Wow this is going to be interesting. I thing I still have the Street Machine mag floating around from when they did that build too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Road_Warrior For This Useful Post:

defective (8th March 2015)

Good luck and I would love to see you turn this into a build thread.

it will be fun moving the B pillar but I am sure you will get it done.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

Boxcars are the perfect car for this conversion, not only because they still look right, but also because they're virtually worthless.
    Screw up one shell and just go find another minter for a few hundred..
    In the words of a wise man: if you don't read the papers you're uninformed, if you do read the papers you're misinformed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to defective For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (9th March 2015)

Validated User
    i've always wondered, how do you go about glass for this kinda thing?
    EL GT #124
    EF Falcon Turbo
    Fox Thunderbird

Quote Originally Posted by EFFalcon View Post
    i've always wondered, how do you go about glass for this kinda thing?
    Veridian used to do custom car glass, but it's not cheap. I'd say for some thing like this you would be close to five figures.
    This particular conversion it would be worth contacting Hilliers and seeing if they would help out.

I reckon I've got that street machine mag as well, good luck with mate, look forwardbot seeing reading updates on progress

Great Idea. I always loved the Sony Scorcher.

I think I remember reading that Street Machine based that one off a EA.

On a net search, I also found that a second one has been done in NSW and runs a turbo 6.

f1jqe1.jpg

Good luck with the project, make sure you keep us updated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast