Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New mondeo. Press collections

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Well it would be nice to know if Ford ventured into that or it was a response to a question. If it was a media question the obvious follow up would have been nice from someone remotely competent.
    Even if it was a response a half brain dead zombi would see the obvious continuation opportunity...

FML let me interview him!!!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

http://www.news.com.au/technology/in...-1227297429223

Dowling has his say. seems he wasn't/isn't anti Ford, just anti Falcon.

Dowling is anti Australian manufacturing.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Well its all about how you read things.

Last week he stitched Ford up over not supplying a Mustang for the mustang nationals which resulted in the organisers claiming Ford view that group of people as those who cant afford the new car.

What a thing to say, what a thought to put out there.

In this article Joshua says

"THE car that will replace the iconic Ford Falcon goes on sale across Australia today"

Hmmmm. No its not, not till mid next month so its conceivable someone reading this article will head into a dealership asking to see a car yesterday.

“The Mondeo is a technology showcase for Ford … it’s our way of saying ‘we’re not the Ford you think we are’,” said Ford Australia marketing manager David Katic.

Now not to be outdone David has this piece to add to his growing collection of hits.

When you have ford doing the exact opposite of what their global identity is saying, when you launch a new model but yet create a situation where that group feel screwed over, yes they mention the fireworks on new years eave, the question that needs to be asked is what exactly does Ford think they are in order to assume what people think of them by an avenue of a marketing company asking loaded questions to an audience our manufactures label as plain dumb and hard work.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

Well its all about how you read things.

Last week he stitched Ford up over not supplying a Mustang for the mustang nationals which resulted in the organisers claiming Ford view that group of people as those who cant afford the new car.

What a thing to say, what a thought to put out there.

In this article Joshua says

"THE car that will replace the iconic Ford Falcon goes on sale across Australia today"

Hmmmm. No its not, not till mid next month so its conceivable someone reading this article will head into a dealership asking to see a car yesterday.

“The Mondeo is a technology showcase for Ford … it’s our way of saying ‘we’re not the Ford you think we are’,” said Ford Australia marketing manager David Katic.

Now not to be outdone David has this piece to add to his growing collection of hits.

When you have ford doing the exact opposite of what their global identity is saying, when you launch a new model but yet create a situation where that group feel screwed over, yes they mention the fireworks on new years eave, the question that needs to be asked is what exactly does Ford think they are in order to assume what people think of them by an avenue of a marketing company asking loaded questions to an audience our manufactures label as plain dumb and hard work.
    If that dickhead thinks that every classic mustang is a peasant he needs reaming!
    back in the day, i spent more on my classic mustang than it would have cost to buy 2-3 new ones ......dumbass..

No he didn't, people in the Mustang club of Australia said that. he just reported it.

Drive reviews are starting to come out

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-review...social_twitter

Drive reviews are starting to come out

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-review...social_twitter
    from the article

Forward vision seems to be better, too, but you're again sitting low in a large, high-silled body with slot-like rear-vision qualities. The Mondeo can be hard to manoeuvre in tight spaces, so you'll want one with the newly introduced reversing camera.

What the cabin doesn't quite manage is a high-quality impression, and there are niggles. The silver trim that caps the upper centre console looks decidedly low-rent and some other plastics are less than lush. Ford's generic touchscreen system is a model of logic but finicky with its small on-screen buttons. The driver's seat, despite locating and supporting the body well, couldn't be adjusted low enough for this tester's taste.
    so, first there is a bit of an observation that vision is compromised due to sitting low...... and then the author seems to contradict himself by ending with the phrase ' couldn't get the seat low enough'??

do they have like a checklist of things they need to include somewhere in each article they write about fords??

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    from the article

so, first there is a bit of an observation that vision is compromised due to sitting low...... and then the author seems to contradict himself by ending with the phrase ' couldn't get the seat low enough'??

do they have like a checklist of things they need to include somewhere in each article they write about fords??
    I was waiting for someone to pick this up.

I am actually speechless.

We weren't invited to this launch, I don't know if any social media were and I am disappointed by this because I think we can put aside our differences on direction and anal word and phrase usage to look at the product objectively.

If you sat too high in falcon and everyone wrote about that endlessly, I just don't know how you can view these article and not just shake ones head.

When its all said and done, no matter what we say or do its with genuine love for the Ford brand and concern.

Its essential this car gets a good hearing, you can spend money in other ways but if our media continue to be as bad towards ford as I think they can be read, no amount of loan cars will fix things.

I really want to make an effort to cover Mondeo news and reviews here, but I am now dressed to go on a bike ride instead.

I shudder to think what might be coming.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (10th April 2015)

but I am now dressed to go on a bike ride instead.
    hey, nice work. done my 50km for this morning.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast