Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New mondeo. Press collections

Lycra Boy Ian
    ohh what a sight

Ohh he will come on here and say he doesn't wear lycra, but we all know better
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

i never get too hung up on reviews. essentially they are just one persons opinion, and if you factor in the range and quantity of vehicles they drive, you can understand that sometimes they feel things that someone else may not.

take me for instance. my driving experience consists of only ever driving falcons, and a handful of other cars of similar price point etc. brother has a tarago, wife has a focus etc etc. if i jumped in a new mondeo, i would no doubt have a different perspective than an automotive journalist (i use that term rather loosely). if all reviews have a similar theme, then perhaps you can assume that the product is how its reviewed, but if i was a potential buyer, i would still like to sample it for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by TS50 View Post
    Lycra Boy Ian
    ohh what a sight

Ohh he will come on here and say he doesn't wear lycra, but we all know better
    hey, if you're going to do something you may as well do it properly

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    i never get too hung up on reviews. essentially they are just one persons opinion, and if you factor in the range and quantity of vehicles they drive, you can understand that sometimes they feel things that someone else may not.

take me for instance. my driving experience consists of only ever driving falcons, and a handful of other cars of similar price point etc. brother has a tarago, wife has a focus etc etc. if i jumped in a new mondeo, i would no doubt have a different perspective than an automotive journalist (i use that term rather loosely). if all reviews have a similar theme, then perhaps you can assume that the product is how its reviewed, but if i was a potential buyer, i would still like to sample it for myself.
    but thats the issue at hand overall Rob, these journo's (yes loosely as well) set the precident for mr/mrs joe average.
    They'll read that half baked article and its set the foundation full stop.
    It may already make them think - nah I won't even bother checking this car out.
    FOA's problem at hand is getting people through their doors - crappy press does not help one bit.
    In the short term the sooner Pony gets into showrooms the better imo - people will have that "have to go see one in the flesh" even though not buyers but at least they are in a Ford showroom instead of mazda/toy etcetc and notice seeing mondeo and other variants grabbing their eye seeing their there.

Ian doing his TourDeIsle - in lycra ? surely not
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (10th April 2015)

As you recall I drove a new Mondi wagon, a "trend" version i think, my first impressions were that it was fine in all regards
    but some of the tech was lost on me.
    I wasn't thrilled at the 149kw version ?
    I didnt have any complaints about it, it did every thing most adequately , but over all didn't inspire me to want to by one sooner rather than later.
    I will buy one, but i am waiting for the dealer to " steel" one from the FMC office fleet, but this time it will be the Titanium
    model, so I'm hoping the 177kw version will give me the sparkle lacking from the lower models ?
    Im promised to have it for an hour or two if i want to go on a good drive out and about on my own !
    Im intrigued as to my impressions ?

Im hearing you but the broader community isn't.

People shop off the internet far more now than ever before, "we" as a collective "fora" exist largely off the back of resistance and opposition to how the media (in all their forms and iterations) has impacted the viability of FOA, Falcon and local manufacturing.

Read a few bad reviews and the car is automatically off the shopping list without ever entering a dealership.

Given Fords current image in Australia and Mondeo's baggage they can't afford to get this launch wrong.

Its a fact. Ive experienced it countless times. We've even acknowledged it as a significant factor in Falcons demise while Commodore has remained buoyant.

It might not impact you but these reviews DO impact sales and brand image, significantly.

Im not suggesting ford should get a free kick, but a level playing field would be nice....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

hey, nice work. done my 50km for this morning.
    Pumped out a lazy Back and Tri's sesh at the gym too..

jus sayin...
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

prydey (10th April 2015)

Interesting seeing a journos thoughts on the car.

Can't say I agree with the seating position comment at all - it's FAR better than Falcon's for me.

Among other things!

BTW, I'm a fan of the new Mondeo. Not without its shortcomings, like any other car...

History is a statement, the future is a question.

hey , i salavated on the show car, @ 298kw !!!

I just want one..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluestuff1 For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (10th April 2015)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast