Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Remaining XR8's

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Has there been a reason for the extra allocation? Maybe fall in demand or have you asked for more?
    There's 39 on Carsales atm which is the highest its been since release. Maybe the extra production is finally starting to filter through
    "You might not notice them, but those few standing proud are the reason some can stand at all."

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    There's 39 on Carsales atm which is the highest its been since release. Maybe the extra production is finally starting to filter through
    But the photos for these cars tend to be the same stock photos, and I am doubtful these are actually on the floor ready to go. If they were, the guys crying out for their XR8's would have snapped them up.
    FG X XR8 in Smoke. Smokin the tyres, that is!
    XR8 logo pic taken at Avalon Airport, Falcon Fanatic filming 17th October 2014

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
    But the photos for these cars tend to be the same stock photos, and I am doubtful these are actually on the floor ready to go. If they were, the guys crying out for their XR8's would have snapped them up.
    If you are crying for an XR8 they are about and easy to find. If there is anyone saying that they can't get one then they are telling pork pies or just not looking hard enough. Feel a little bit pissed about someone on the other forum that had to settle for an auto because his dealer said that manuals were rare. If you want it, order it, and Ford will sort it out. Or even better give Greg a ring and he will sort it.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

If you are crying for an XR8 they are about and easy to find. If there is anyone saying that they can't get one then they are telling pork pies or just not looking hard enough. Feel a little bit pissed about someone on the other forum that had to settle for an auto because his dealer said that manuals were rare. If you want it, order it, and Ford will sort it out. Or even better give Greg a ring and he will sort it.
    Dealer was right when they first launched. But about 1/3 of the XR8's now are manuals.

Quote Originally Posted by VZTRT View Post
    Dealer was right when they first launched. But about 1/3 of the XR8's now are manuals.
    I cant see me liking to drive my F if it was manual, it would just be to much of a handful ?
    Its nice to drive a big lazy lump around town, but always knowing there is hell fire under the hood should i choose to let it loose?
    Its only a throttle push to find it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bluestuff1 View Post
    I cant see me liking to drive my F if it was manual, it would just be to much of a handful ?
    Its nice to drive a big lazy lump around town, but always knowing there is hell fire under the hood should i choose to let it loose?
    Its only a throttle push to find it ..
    On my Turbo ute the clutch is a little bit heavier then my NA XR6. Seriously the Turbo is as easy as to drive and its nicer to drive then the NA manual. This includes stop start traffic (got caught up one morning for an hour). I don't see how its that hard to drive these things. Its not like the box is out of a 50's mack truck.

On my Turbo ute the clutch is a little bit heavier then my NA XR6. Seriously the Turbo is as easy as to drive and its nicer to drive then the NA manual. This includes stop start traffic (got caught up one morning for an hour). I don't see how its that hard to drive these things. Its not like the box is out of a 50's mack truck.
    I put a 4sd single rail in my Farlaine ute, i wish it was an auto, just me getting old i guess, but i like the big cars in Auto..?

Yep but unfortunately guy just put his name on one. Just shits me that people are getting told wrong information when this car is what they are chasing and salespeople are being lazy and tell lies to get the easy sale. That's why when you get a good dealer stick to them like shit to a nappy.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Yep but unfortunately guy just put his name on one. Just shits me that people are getting told wrong information when this car is what they are chasing and salespeople are being lazy and tell lies to get the easy sale. That's why when you get a good dealer stick to them like shit to a nappy.
    The salesman's job is to sell. If he doesn't sell he loses his job. They have a number they have to achieve unfortunately.

The salesman's job is to sell. If he doesn't sell he loses his job. They have a number they have to achieve unfortunately.
    Yes but it is also a salesman's job to get what the customers wants, and make an effort to do so. Not feed bullshit for an easy sale. It also comes down to the customer pushing for what they want as well. Just that this guys wasn't told the truth so settled for his second option based upon a lazy salesman. As a manger myself I would be pissed if one of my guys did this.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast