Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 model year features revealed

seriously, you guys are getting upset over this? waa waa waa i can't do burnouts?? wow, i really do need a cardigan and some fluffy slippers.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

4Vman (13th May 2015),Franco Cozzo (14th May 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by prydey View Post
    seriously, you guys are getting upset over this? waa waa waa i can't do burnouts?? wow, i really do need a cardigan and some fluffy slippers.
    Yes... Yes you do!! Lol

Trust me, I couldn't give a hoot about burn outs either... But the fact it had to be disconnected shows where we sit.

God knows how launch control flys under the radar....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

prydey (13th May 2015)

launch control is more about minimising wheelspin. it would have the greenies blessing....

launch control is more about minimising wheelspin. it would have the greenies blessing....
    And drag racing.... Just as evil as burnouts in the eyes of the law.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Rob it's more the fact that the car is being muted or sanitized. It's bad enough that we won't get the high performance models. I've not even driven my Turbo with traction control off in anger but that's not the point. And yes, you better go find your cardy mate ..lol. ;-)
    Lifetime proud Ford Falcon enthusiast and owner of the following models XR, XY, XB, XC, XD, EB, AU, BA and FG.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to WASP For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th May 2015)

A nice brown checker one with leather elbow patches should do

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to prydey For This Useful Post:

Franco Cozzo (14th May 2015),WASP (13th May 2015)

Well actually traction control is about minimising wheel spin. Launch control is about getting to legal speeds that will in fact incur undue or unnecessary acceleration charges.

However its not this countries fault that Ford were too stupid to name these features as they did.

Line lock could have been called ice gravel and snow mode.

Drift mode should have been called sports mode plus.

There are ways and means of playing the game.

This is weak as piss but as a global company Ford should have been more aware of where social standards are heading.

We aren't in Texas now tonto.

On Mustang I would never have used linelock. At some point people have to be treated like adults. Are they going to limit the speed of the cars to 110 because outside the NT that's as fast as you can go?

The cars we have, the ability to break any amount of laws, but its not the car is it?

Lets introduce an Iq check instead!

FFS
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th May 2015),FPV+fteT3 (14th May 2015),WASP (14th May 2015)

So really what this is about is Ford management anticipating this is an issue that will bring unwanted attention on them.

I think that's fair enough.

Launch control was the domain of high end performance cars. The amount of money they cost means the people who buy them are meant to be smarter. I say meant to.

The brands that drive thus direction are mainly European so this stuff gets into the country unquestioned.

Ford US came out and said, we are so good we didn't need Australia helping us with Mustang.

I think this is what happens when you don't involve people who know about about performance applications for the road on a global scale.

Had anyone of our guys been involved I think this would have been identified as an issue early on and work around implemented.

This could have been avoided perhaps if the feature was GPS enabled. Give it the location of the major drag strips in this country and make it that the car needs to be there in order for it to work. Effectively disabling it for the street.

Had this had been done, while I am sure it could be defeated the car is offered in such a way as the owner doesn't have the easy decision to make to impress his friends on the street.

If you really think about it, our management say they have to do this because we as consumers aren't responsible enough to make the right decisions on where this feature could be used.

Is that right or fair? I don't know but with everything else they do and say this call is at least consistent.

Had Mercedes done this, provided it wasn't called Lewis Hamilton mode, no one would have battered the proverbial.

The other thing, I am not so sure we are that out of step with the rest of the world.

You have 60% of the population thinking this country can lead the way globally on just about every issue in the public domain right now.

The media is the media, its probably more of a case of us being more aware of this momentum than other markets. I would expect the social issues here to be raised elsewhere and especially now. It will come.

The feature just needed more thought and while they are at it, fix the bonnet support that should not have got through factory OHS let alone the outside world and stop being miserable and put proper dash design in the bloody thing.

Oh and about another 200kws.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (14th May 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Had Mercedes done this, provided it wasn't called Lewis Hamilton mode, no one would have battered the proverbial.
    that would have been where the driver started chucking the toys out of the pram if he couldn't get past someone, or if things weren't going his way..

I also seriously doubt there are many people who would spend $70+ K on a new car to burn up $1000 bucks of rear tyres for the fun of it either....

Page 2 of 61 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast