Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Premcar track day car- update

Premcar track day car- update

Premcar track day car

Premcar has developed and delivered 3 track day cars to customers. The Premcar badged vehicle is based on the iconic Ford Falcon Turbo and has been enhanced for track day use whilst maintaining road legal requirements.

Premcar offers customers the opportunity to customise their standard road cars to a professional level for track day events. The builds already completed began with the Ford Falcon Turbo vehicle, included in this specific variant were factory fitted 4 pot Brembo brakes (same configuration as F6 and GT). Premcar discussed the upgrade options with the customers and determined the build specification together. The vehicles are road registered and have a VASS certification.

The track pack options include all the required features needed to meet circuit requirements such as a Roll Over Protect System ROPS that is certified to VASS requirements, (the ROPS is customised for the Falcon). On the technology side Premcar offers the Video Vbox Lite, this in car video camera system linked to GPS is ideal for enthusiasts with features such as predictive lap times and circuit analysis.

This type of project is all about satisfying the individual customer’s needs and budget. Premcar adopts a partnership approach with the customer and can support the process from finding the donor vehicle to track day support and beyond.

Exterior features
    Premcar assists the customer in creating a customised look for each vehicle with body decals. Additions such as engine hood clips and safety decals are included in the track pack option kit.

Chassis
    Premcar offers the fitment of Shockworks dampers and 19” Rotary Forged FPR TSW Wheels (9.5” wide Rr, 8” wide Front)
    Super Sticky Kumho PS91 Tyres (275 rears, 245 fronts).

Track pack options
    Starts with a 4 point ROPS with CAMS certification plates, an ignition kill switching system, fire extinguisher, brake pad upgrade, tow hooks, CAMS safety decal set and engine hood clips.
    Premcar manages the VicRoads VASS certified for Road use.

For the ultimate experience Premcar can install a Video VBox Lite Lap Timer & Camera Kit and unique Airbag compatible steering wheel.

For non-road use Premcar can assist with
    driver & passenger race seats and 6 point safety harnesses & anchorages to CAMS requirements.

History is a statement, the future is a question.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

13726548 (8th June 2015),4Vman (21st May 2015),Bricktop (21st May 2015),Elks (23rd May 2015),FTe217 (21st May 2015),Perko (21st May 2015),phillyc (23rd May 2015),Road_Warrior (21st May 2015),TICK4D-TAS (21st May 2015)

Well done Premcar - really hope you guys do well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

So what we have here is two of three cars that have just been completed for customers.

Its my understanding that these owners are FPV owners who would like to save their FPV from track work and would prefer a dedicated track machine.

All specific enquires should be directed to Premcar but if anyone has some questions for the team please post them up and I will make sure they get to see them.

Why the fudge has that car still got the rear seat in it? And door trims? Is that cage meant to be easily removed for street duties, because it doesn't look it?

And it's an auto... *sigh*

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I think the first thing that needs to be said is that these cars have owners and as was written above there is scope to tailor to ones needs.

For example, premcar will secure a donor car and the question on transmission will be set by the customer.

As I understand it these three cars were delivered today.

As a turn key proposition you have a track car for around the 40k mark.

They have somewhere around 700nm of torque so its a very enticing drive experience I would imagine once you figure in the tyres and suspension package.

All enquires obviously have to go through premcar but if one were to want trims removed I am sure something could be done.

This afternoon sections of the media called this a great initiative and it is.

As a way of staying in touch with the heartland this provides a service to enjoy a cost effective track experience imo.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Those rims are nice. Any work on the engines?
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (22nd May 2015)

Any questions you guys have, post them up and when we get enough I will contact the guys with them.

Any kits for FG GT or XR8??!!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (22nd May 2015),TICK4D-TAS (22nd May 2015)

Awesome work guys.

I like the bonnet and roof, gives it a great look.

Those wheels, TSW nurburgrings are what I would like to put on my F6.

What I really like about this, is the Premcar guys helped develop all of our Tickford and FPV cars, their experience and runs on the board with those cars would well and truly put them on the front foot with a project like this for aftermarket customers.

Whilst my F6 is more a tow car, than a race car, I am certainly interested to know if the aftermarket enhancements come in stages, I think my ute could do with a slight tickle and a few pieces when I retire it at the end of the year.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TICK4D-TAS For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (22nd May 2015)

http://www.motormag.com.au/news/1505...00nm-xr6t-(1)/

Australian engineering group Premcar has created a 320kW/700Nm weapon of a Ford Falcon XR6 Turbo, based on ex-police vehicles.

Using second-hand ex-police cars as a base, Premcar then adds adjustable suspension, jointly developed by Premcar and Melbourne firm Shockworks, along with 19-inch forged FPR TSW Wheels wrapped in Kuhmo 91S tyres measuring 245mm up front and 275mm at the rear.

A revised intake, free-flowing exhaust and tweaks to the engine calibration liberates around 320kW/700Nm from the 4.0-litre turbocharged inline-six, with an engine oil cooler and transmission oil cooler added for extra durability.

Formed by the group known as Prodrive Australia when the Prodrive company decided to exit Australia in 2012, Premcar offer engineering services in Australia and China.

Premcar engineering director, Bernie Quinn, explains the logic behind the new project: “We basically needed something for the guys in the workshop to do between projects.”

“New South Wales Police Packs cars get Brembos, bigger oil cooler and are quite inexpensive for what's in there. The police turn them over at 80,000km, they're still under warranty.”

Having built a prototype vehicle, Premcar brought it along to a GT-F owners' night and sold three on the spot, cars that have just gone to their owners.

As they're based on second-hand vehicles, the cost of the Premcar Turbo is extremely low, with Quinn estimating the price at between $35,000 and $40,000 as a turn-key package, including the donor car.

The good news is that there is no reason why the modifications can't be performed to any XR6 Turbo, though using the ex-police vehicles as a base is the most cost effective way to do it.

The package is also extremely flexible, with the three current owners adding roll cages, video Vbox capability and more to make their cars true track weapons.

Quinn is happy to accommodate individual owners' needs, though he admits he “hasn't fully worked out how we'd do the non-turn-key option.”

For Australian performance enthusiasts starved of fresh metal, the Premcar Turbo offers a massive amount of performance for the money, along with the peace of mind that it is developed by the very people that handled local fast Fords since the first Falcon XR6 in 1992.

We're itching to get behind the wheel and hopefully will have a road test for you in the near future
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (22nd May 2015),Randel (23rd May 2015)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast