Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged RTV.

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Really well put Simon. Like most things, if you are going to spend money on your car be very clear as to what you want to achieve and the budget you are prepared to spend. Most times this will dictate what you should be buying rather then wanting to buy a mod then hoping it will do the job. There is no right or wrong as to what a person is chasing. However there are sometimes better ways of achieving those results. Your RTV is a piece of class mate. Once I get the sedan sorted we need to do another cruise.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Simon I'd love to experience that in person... without sounding biased I love the Barra's note to no end but after reading that I need to get my backside in the passenger seat of that RTV.
    One day Youseff, I'll get down your way, you'll buy some new undies.... and we'll hit the Nathio or somewhere.
    Last edited by Burnout; 27th April 2012 at 08:17 PM.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Really well put Simon. Like most things, if you are going to spend money on your car be very clear as to what you want to achieve and the budget you are prepared to spend. Most times this will dictate what you should be buying rather then wanting to buy a mod then hoping it will do the job. There is no right or wrong as to what a person is chasing. However there are sometimes better ways of achieving those results. Your RTV is a piece of class mate. Once I get the sedan sorted we need to do another cruise.
    Thanks Glenn, I reckon its easy to buy too much or too little these days. I think some of us are influenced by others and their opinions too much these days. Nice to know you think the ol' Gel is class, mate, thanks.

Here she is, good as new:

Happy as, mate!
    Ah Daz, I've been round the Natio, back in '76 in a XB GT, black car, blue light model.
    Then again in 1982 in my XE 351 ESP.
    Been a lot of years since then......
    Last edited by Burnout; 6th November 2013 at 10:10 PM.

Haha that's about the same time I was born, far out. You're on mate, it would be awesome to have you down here. I'll be traveling from Brisbane to Cairns for work over the next few months so if you're anywhere in between that stretch it would be great to finally meet you.

Speaking of Natio I wonder where George is up to with that video from last night...
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Hi, wow you really have a way with words Simon, you should write books!

Thanks for advice, i never thought about a new motor but that seems alot more complicated than just bolting on a S/C which i could do at home myself.

Im happy with the power my car has, i just fancyed giving it that extra boost for those rare days when i want to scare myself and that S/C whine i'd love to have that.

I got abit of saving to do first anyway so i will be doing more research until then, i also here here what your saying about the radiator/gearbox and diff but as i'm only gonna blast it every now an again (at first haha) i think it should ok?

Enjoy your car Matt, the BF's are a great car, my young bloke had an XR6, ZF 6speed. It was very nice and pulled 14.5 all day at Willowbank. A great car to drive.

Just to prove i suppose that it never ends, I've installed some gauges in the Ute:

Drift Iridium digitals, from the left: Oil pressure, Volts & Boost all in a Pole Position Tri-pod.

Daz, I've had all the stuff for ages - the Tri-pod I got from W.A. The gauges I got from Auto Barn at Moss Street about 18 months ago, they were on special at the time.
    The Tri-pod was about $150 odd, the gauges were $140 ea as specials.
    Just never got around to installing before now. Got assistance from an Auto Lecie over here. About the same price as Elite... ($500 odd).

They are worthy Daz.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast