Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forum announcement: Sharing of third party articles.

Quote Originally Posted by Road_Warrior View Post
    Whilst I accept and will abide by the new article posting protocols, I have some issues with the website named, and the person who owns it, and will not be posting any links or content that links to it on this forum or any other.
    This is my sentiment. Although I don't know the website/owner as such other than he's one and only contact was sending me a sledge hammer like email about this the other day.

I support the concept of copyright and acknowledging authors. I'm even supportive of his push, but if your going to start a conversation being rude. I'd be more inclined to join Ashley Maddison using the psyuedonym AlborzFallah...
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elks For This Useful Post:

13726548 (23rd August 2015),defective (23rd August 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Elks View Post
    I'd be more inclined to join Ashley Maddison using the psyuedonym AlborzFallah...
    So that's YOU...............
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual, Dusty.
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual, tuned, BFG's, Lift - the Urban Warrior
    2017 VW Passat TSI R-Line Wagon - family hauler with the lot

Quote Originally Posted by b2tf View Post
    So that's YOU...............
    Not yet.
    As a Pink Floyd fan I get mad when I see vegans eating pudding.

I have no problem with sharing the full article as long as there are no changes made by those that are sharing it.
    I come here to read the full article, I don't want to have to go to another website for this. As I generally access this forum from my phone app it is a pain in the back side having to go to another site to read the whole article. I'm sorry but I don't see the issue. If all it is, is to raise the profile of other websites then I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewforbes View Post
    I have no problem with sharing the full article as long as there are no changes made by those that are sharing it.
    I come here to read the full article, I don't want to have to go to another website for this. As I generally access this forum from my phone app it is a pain in the back side having to go to another site to read the whole article. I'm sorry but I don't see the issue. If all it is, is to raise the profile of other websites then I don't care.
    I agree but unfortunately the article is not our IP and therefore it is not our decision to make. We have to respect the wishes of the owner of the IP that is in question.
    Growing old is compulsory, growing up is optional!

So what if articles r taken from a 2nd, 3rd source, can the whole article still be shared then?
    Once it's in the public domain then I think they loose all ownership of it. Yes the person who wrote it can still claim ownership but if it's not being used as an advertisement or for other media purposes then it's ok right? This is a closed forum n we are not using it to promote products or using it as a advertising board.
    I'll toe the line but not 100% happy
    Silly question what is Ip

IP = Intellectial Property

This is not a closed forum, it is a public forum, anyone can come on and see what is on here

Its no big issue, the owners of the article have the right to demand that, and we should not subject the owners of this forum to any grief, so we just abide by the rules
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Sounds fair, it's a done deal

Validated User
    On the other hand,
    press releases for Automakers like Ford or GM are not subject to copyright
    and can be presented in their entirety but again add a link and all will be sweet..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jpd80 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (11th May 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by jpd80 View Post
    On the other hand,
    press releases for Automakers like Ford or GM are not subject to copyright
    and can be presented in their entirety but again add a link and all will be sweet..
    They want their press releases spread and circulated as far and wide as possible.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast