Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Territory Touch Up

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar

The Territory Touch Up

Having spent a lot of time and money on the ute it is time that the old Territory receives some TLC. We've had the car since brand spanking new and since the wife won't sell it I have decided to give it a make over.

My wife loves the colour and will not sell solely because of this. It is however showing its age and so the paint will get a touch up. Some of the clear is coming off so next month it is off to the panel beaters. There is also some cancer that needs to be attended to.

The interior is looking a bit tired too.

The Ford fairy delivered this package a few weeks ago. I wonder what this is?

I gutted the interior out. It has been replaced by a Territory Ghia interior. The leather was in good condition and the interior panels came up good with a good scrub. Only hiccup was the 3rd row seat was damaged in transit. Not a big problem as I used to old seat and then swapped the trim. Took a bit of time but worth the effort. The carpet needs a good clean and I will be doing it next weekend. The results were pretty good. Also installed a FPV steering wheel with the right grey leather and replaced our broken REX system.

Sorry about the quality of the pics. Will take better ones once the project is finished. Still have a few other things to finish. Not as extensive as the ute but the tidy up will breathe new life into the Terri. Will post pics as it gets finished over the next month or so.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Well that's one way to keep the boss happy.

I don't know what it is about Envy, those who comment on it really love it, but even after all these years I just don't know why that is the case.
    “…The lies (Western slander) which well-meaning zeal has heaped round this man are disgraceful to ourselves only…How one man single-handedly, could weld warring tribes and wandering Bedouins into a most powerful and civilized nation in less than two decades….A silent great soul, one of that who cannot but be earnest. He was to kindle the world; the world’s Maker had ordered so." - Thomas Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Falc'man View Post
    Well that's one way to keep the boss happy.

I don't know what it is about Envy, those who comment on it really love it, but even after all these years I just don't know why that is the case.
    I must admit I don't really like it on the Falcons but I do like it on the Territory. My wife saw the colour on the brochure and immediately picked it. The Territory is hers as I bought it as a thank you for moving to Roma with me at the time. It was the first Territory to be delivered to there. She is not a car person but she is adamant that unless Ford come up with the colour again then the SX stays. It certainly was a surprise as she rarely cleans it and sees it as a machine to get from A to B. This is even after trying to convince her that the Turbo would be "safer" because she could overtake better on the highway and that a new Territory has got that new smell that she likes! So the Envi stays for now, or until I can afford a Range Rover Evoque for her (not for a long time).
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Thats it ! happy wife Happy Life !!
    Well done mate - my wife also has some quirky likes about cars and colours - after all my years of trying to get her to think my way I learnt to finally swallow a pill and kind of agree
    Good job on the Terri freshen up fair more cost effective as well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Validated User
    Envy was definitely the pick of the colours back then in the Territory... a rare sight now.

Looks good! Keen to see what else you do to it!

Getting the Territory back from the painters tomorrow but got some bad news today. The dreaded rust monster is starting to take a hold in more areas then we thought. I know it is an issue with them but you'd expect more out of a car that has seen nothing but country conditions! The wife and I will have to sit down and have a long talk about this one. Can easily get the areas repaired but will still be having future issues. Would like to get a new Territory or even a turbo but I am concerned that I will be buying another car that will eventually have the same issues. Got a bit of time to think this one out so not panicking...

Got the Terri back today. Had a good look at everything. The rust is in all the "normal" areas for a Territory and not as bad as what the panelbeater had described. I certainly have seen worse pictures in other forums. So the green beast will go back in 6 weeks to get the last of the rust sorted and the wheels refurbished. In two weeks time going for a trip to Ford for ball joint recall inspection and to get the side steps fitted. Slowly coming together.

Happy with the work done so far. We also fitted new mirror scalps and got them painted. Wife is especially happy with how they came up. Where the clear had started to come off also came up well.

So the verdict is that we will be keeping the Territory for at least a few more years. Then time to trade up to something else. Hopefully Ford will have something fresh by then. Not keen to fork out big bucks for a Range Rover Evoque!

As long as she's happy that saves your pennies for some time but re the Evoque for the family cruiser it wouldn't be the wife to hold back but me I like !
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    As long as she's happy that saves your pennies for some time but re the Evoque for the family cruiser it wouldn't be the wife to hold back but me I like !
    It's definitely not the car, just the price tag. I am a big Range Rover fan. Would love the Range Rover Sports with the supercharged V8. We have looked at an Evoque and they are a brilliant car. Would have to be close to the perfect car for my wife. Only problem is the price soon creeps up very quickly once you add the required options. But in a couple of years it may be an option when I have paid off the XR8 and the reno's are done.

Yep agree the price is too high for now, I'd have one for the Mrs's as well as the Rangie above you mention for my run around love them as well ! or maybe a Cayenne LOL......
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast