Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My Last Beast

Validated User
    Marvin the Martian? Greetings Earthlings?
    Oh that's what the big announcement from NASA was all about!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to project 064 For This Useful Post:

Perko (4th October 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by project 064 View Post
    Marvin the Martian? Greetings Earthlings?
    Oh that's what the big announcement from NASA was all about!!!!
    ....?

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Took Vader out for a run this arvo and ran into a friend who has a VE2 R8. He was very impressed with the power of the XR8 considering the price. Like the rest of the package as much as a Holden fan could. Nice to stretch its legs and just drive. Really have missed this since the BF.

Also had a bit of fun. Changed the ICC wallpaper after a suggestion from my older son. I did have the XR8 logo on there but he suggested something a bit more original. So threw this up. I know Holden are linked with Star Wars but I was a massive fan well before that screwed up relationship started.

Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Burnout (4th October 2015),project 064 (5th October 2015)

Nice choice, I agree on the colour. But I don't envy you having to keep it that clean!

XR8 is the only FGX I would buy, and Victory Gold is just bleh. Really does nothing for them.

Tony also has our business too, not sure if he is happy about that though. I'll buy something cooler than a Hyundai next time Tony I promise.
    1997 EL GT #037 - Burgundy, Manual, Dusty.
    2015 VW Amarok 4MOTION Manual, tuned, BFG's, Lift - the Urban Warrior
    2017 VW Passat TSI R-Line Wagon - family hauler with the lot

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to b2tf For This Useful Post:

Elks (4th October 2015),Perko (4th October 2015)

Very nice Mate!
    I rekon I must take a gander one day soon.
    BAII RTV A Farmers Rocket.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Burnout For This Useful Post:

Perko (4th October 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    Very nice Mate!
    I rekon I must take a gander one day soon.
    Yep ,might have to drop by one weekend. Has been too long between visits.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

Burnout (5th October 2015)

very nice Glenn
    enjoy
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

13. The Following User Says Thank You to TS50 For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2015)

Public holiday today so a nice excuse to take Vader out for a run. Nice piece of road near home with some good twists and turns and nice scenery (even though it's getting a bit dry). Ma Ma Creek road is just outside of Gatton and is a good cruise. This corner store is now unfortunately closed. Used to sell the best bacon and egg toasted sandwiches. Just a shame as it was a fairly busy place on a Sunday morning for bike riders and cruisers.

The drive also gave me more time to appreciate what a nice car this is. The cabin is now very comfortable. The driving position is now familiar and very nice. Whilst it did seem a bit high on first impression I must admit I really like it. When cruising it is very good. The seats offer good support but a bit more side bolster would be nice. Really can't complain overall. Given that things have dried off a bit there weren't too many good spots to grab a picture. Bit of a shame.

As far as the drive is concerned, the Falcon handles brilliantly. The flexibility of the motor is a charm. Brakes were very good and the overall package is very confidence building. The only negative is the lack of aural bliss from the back. I wasn't wringing the neck out of the motor so the bi-modal must have been shut for most of the time. This gave the impression of being a rather quiet, yet bloody quick drive. Will definitely disconnect next weekend when I get some time. On the highway the power of the car is still addictive. Knock it back a couple of gears to overtake and it's like a slingshot. Seeing that traction control light still flashing in fourth is a giggle. Learning quickly that mashing the throttle is not always the quickest when you have a supercharged weapon under your right foot!

Car will be parked for a couple of weeks as I am busy with work and away with sports. The experience so far have been nothing short of awesome. This is one friggin' good car and I am glad that I waited. Disconnect bi-modal before next drive and then looking forward to the aural pleasure matching the driving one.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (5th October 2015),TICK4D-TAS (5th October 2015),WASP (5th October 2015)

Well, very happy seeing your thread Perko !
    Congrats you must be bloody rapt I'm sure.
    No matter what anyone says its a pleasure looking after black - for most times it just shows up the rest
    It is perfect I'm very impressed by the detailed pics, looks schmick.
    Enjoy the ownership and may she serve you well.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to FTe217 For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2015)

Just one point Perko...

Remove the bloody consumption sticker!!!!!
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2015)

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast