Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My Last Beast

Enjoying FOA's Final Masterpiece Perko's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Just one point Perko...

Remove the bloody consumption sticker!!!!!
    Yep never really thought much about it until I loaded the photos. Will be taking them off before next drive with the temporary rego sticker. Have a folder with all the predelivery stickers that I will be putting them with.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    Yep never really thought much about it until I loaded the photos. Will be taking them off before next drive with the temporary rego sticker. Have a folder with all the predelivery stickers that I will be putting them with.
    Yeah and before it etches and stains your glass.....
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 4Vman For This Useful Post:

Perko (5th October 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    Yeah and before it etches and stains your glass.....
    And reminds me what I "should" be getting for consumption.
    Ford Heritage : KF Laser, XF Ute, XH Tradesman Ute, EL Futura, AU2 Ute, XD Ute, XH XR6 Ute, BA XR8 Ute, SX Territory, BF XR8 Sedan, EB2 S XR6, EB1 S XR8, WQ Fiesta, FGX XR8, PX2 Ranger

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (5th October 2015),defective (5th October 2015),Elks (6th October 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Perko View Post
    And reminds me what I "should" be getting for consumption.
    I get 11.4 if I drive very sedately.....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluestuff1 For This Useful Post:

Perko (6th October 2015)

Bit of time to myself early this morning so decided to continue some small work on the car. No real mods, just "finishing" projects that I think make the little difference to the car and make it complete. The whole point to these are to finish the car to the standard that I think it should have been straight out of the factory. Most times they are just little touches but things that when looked as a whole, give that impression of quality. The Falcon badge on the rear boot is just one example.

Did the mud spats this morning. Pretty simple job but made sure I had some good quality 3M clear wrap underneath. Not cheap stuff at $80 a metre but have been told its the best you can get. Started by cleaning the surface and making a masking take template of the area that needed to be covered.

Then just a simple task of transferring it to the vinyl, applying it, and then fitting the spats. Pretty simple operation and happy with the job. Finishes the exterior off nicely.

Internal LED's have been another bug bear. Why have a nice blue cluster and ICC then skimp on the ignition barrel and window switches? Did the barrel today and happy now it matches. Switches have been sent away and will be back later in the week. Will post pictures when they are installed.

A couple of other jobs to do and the beast will be done. Have been thinking about what I really want for this car. At the moment I just want to do the finishing touches then sit back for a while and just enjoy it. So the exhaust, tune, and sound upgrade have been put on hold for a fair while. Till then I have a few jobs to finish off and it's good to be back on tools.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (22nd October 2015),Burnout (18th October 2015),FTe217 (18th October 2015),HSE2 (18th October 2015),TICK4D-TAS (18th October 2015)

Real boring picture today.

Got the switches back today with the blue LED's. Not as bright as what I had hoped but much better than the white ones that were originally there. Also played around with the Sync 2 for a bit. Pretty user friendly I must admit. Have set a whole heap of navigational points so getting to favourite destinations will now be easier. Can't wait to give Vader a wash on Sunday them take him out for a run. Has been a couple of weeks and I am keen for a drive.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (22nd October 2015),WASP (22nd October 2015)

Love hearing about this car Glenn. Keep the updates coming and when you get a chance stick this thread up on our FB page.
    History is a statement, the future is a question.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to HSE2 For This Useful Post:

Perko (22nd October 2015)

Couple more things done tonight with some spare time. Both really simple and both just finishing off the car. First one is some Ford valve cap covers. Meaningless in the big scheme of things but just the little things that I like to finish off on my cars.

Second is the bi-modal disconnect. Decided for the inline valve treatment as this means that I can reconnect by the twist of this simple valve. Looks neat and almost factory. Easy access from the boot as well. Haven't taken the car out to hear the difference. That will come tomorrow after the wash and clean. Will let you know how it all goes.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (24th October 2015),Elks (26th October 2015),FTe217 (25th October 2015),HSE2 (31st October 2015)

Early start this morning so decided to give Vader a wash. First wash and can now say two things. Firstly, the Ceramic Pro was definitely worth it. The water beaded straight off and bugs just fell off. Not a lot of effort to bring the XR8 back up to where it should be. You are right about the colour. Looks average when dirty but damn it looks good with a wash! Definitely worth it. The second is that Bowdens Own gear is worth the coin. Very happy with the feedback, service, and performance of the products. Happy to support an Aussie company along the way.

Took Vader out for a run this afternoon to see what the bi-modal disconnection has done and also to stretch its legs. Been a couple of weeks and must be honest, miss driving that car. It just loves chewing up those km's and does it with ease. Love the sight of that hump over the windscreen, the push back into the seat from that sweet motor, and the interior that is familiar and comfortable. For me I just want to take some time off work and just drive. Anywhere, just drive. With the bi-modal disconnected there is a definite change in note at lower speeds and lower rev range. This is what I was expecting. It is about right. Loud enough to turn heads but never droning. When you plant the foot the bellow just comes a little earlier. If I was being picky would still like it a bit louder, but having said that for a factory system I am pretty happy and have no plans to change it anytime soon. It is a very good compromise and for the cost, worth the whole $4 that I spent on it.

The more time I spend with this car the more I keep falling for it. This is my ultimate car. This feels like it was made for me. That sleeper that will chew up the km's but do it in the manner that I feel like. Whether that be cruising or foot to the floor warp speed, this car does both very easily. Thanks Ford. We may not see eye to eye on many things, but hats off to your team on this one.
    Last edited by Perko; 25th October 2015 at 07:59 PM.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

4Vman (25th October 2015),Elks (26th October 2015),FTe217 (25th October 2015)

Quote Originally Posted by HSE2 View Post
    Love hearing about this car Glenn. Keep the updates coming and when you get a chance stick this thread up on our FB page.
    Thread posted up mate.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Perko For This Useful Post:

HSE2 (31st October 2015)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast