Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My AUII XR8,

My AUII XR8,

Hi guy’s this is not so much a build but rather a story of one mans love and his machine,
    I bought this AUII XR8 brand new in ’01, sent to Herrods for a full S/S exhaust, Uni -chip, lowered springs and K&N air filter and thats all, I didn’t want anything to over the top, just subtle modifications that made it sound like a real V8 and have the stance to go with it,
    As it sits today it has travelled 69,000 trouble free k’s, and is a pleasure to drive.

I have spent the last couple of days locked away in the shed and going over it with my rotex and some menzerna gear, anyway this is the final result.
    and who’s that ugly bastard in my pic, lol.. (just showing the reflection), not a swirl to be seen.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th November 2015),FTe217 (12th November 2015),Perko (15th November 2015),Randel (12th November 2015),TICK4D-TAS (12th November 2015)

Had a 220KW Ser 2 identical to this! Very nice.
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Thank’s Norm, mine is the 200 kw version, but is a real pleasure to drive every time I get in, some more grunt would be nice but I don’t really want to go down that path with this vehicle, I want to keep it as close to stock as possible, if I had my time again I wouldn’t have put the Uni chip in and lowered but whats done is done.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

4Vman (12th November 2015)

A pristine AU XR specimen gal.
    Would be very hard to let this go.
    Very easy to convert back from the Unichip and original springs though if you ever wished to take her back to oe.
    YNWA ! off to CL 2018.
    Sydney is Sky Blue HAL Premiers/Champions 2017 - the Double.

Quote Originally Posted by FTe217 View Post
    A pristine AU XR specimen gal.
    Would be very hard to let this go.
    Very easy to convert back from the Unichip and original springs though if you ever wished to take her back to oe.
    Thank’s Maurie,

I do still have the original exhaust and springs in the shed, and as it drives perfectly I don’t want to muck around with anything electrical.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to galaxy xr8 For This Useful Post:

FTe217 (12th November 2015)

Immaculate. Such a credit to you.

I envy the paint work, looks like glass.

Thank’s for the kind comments guy’s, I tried to capture the depth of the gloss in the last pic but I took it in the shed, I should have taken it outside in the sun as the pic doesn’t really do it justice, look’s a little dullish but the depth of the colour is really good, I used an orange pad 1'st with some Menzerna PO203S, I didn’t need to do much correction here as I have previously done the same over the years so not much was needed, then I followed up with Menzerna PO10FFS on a White pad with a final wipe down of IPA and then P21S Carnauba wax.

This colour looks amazing when finished but it is hard work keeping it looking this way.

I also removed the Herrod decals that were on the side body skirt and rear boot lid.

It certainly looks glossy, i'm glad you're wearing long shorts too :-)
    My Falcon family heritage: XY V8 Falcon 500, XYGT, XBGT, XC 351 GS, XD 4.1 Spack, EF wagon, AU Wagon, AU2 Wagon, AU2 XR8, BA XR8, BF XR8, FG XR6, Lucky last: Sprint 8. Oh wait, AU3 XLS Marlin Ute!

Quote Originally Posted by 4Vman View Post
    It certainly looks glossy, i'm glad you're wearing long shorts too :-)
    So was I when I took the pic I didn’t see myself in it until my missus uploaded them on photo bucket..lol.
    Although my missus isn’t to happy that I wore my good clothes, I have a bad habit of wearing good clothes and then heading of into the shed to do some work and getting to lazy to change and then coming back inside looking like a .... well you get the idea.

looks smick, a credit to you
    2002 T3 Manual Naroma Blue TS-50 (049)Sunroof, Premium Sound, Black/Blue Leather, Brembos

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast